Need a second opinion please

Arrie

haha almost made a remark of the tower of spacers ... as above or wear and tear + abit of a crap paint job to start of with me thinks. 

Edited by ThePubSA

Look like superficial damage. That area around the headset is very prone to paint chips. Allu insert or not. My S-Works frame with carbon bearing recesses has the same issue.  Friend of mine also has an S-Works frame with carbon bearing recesses and has the same issue.

It could very well be from the service, but don't go to the shop and tell them everyone on the hub says they broke your bike. They could just as well be innocent.

At least on my black frame the carbon under the paint can't really been seen. Kinda sucks that the shiny alloy is so noticeable on the black frame. But take it to CBR and at the very least he would be able to make it look nice again.

Look like superficial damage. That area around the headset is very prone to paint chips. Allu insert or not. My S-Works frame with carbon bearing recesses has the same issue. Friend of mine also has an S-Works frame with carbon bearing recesses and has the same issue.

It could very well be from the service, but don't go to the shop and tell them everyone on the hub says they broke your bike. They could just as well be innocent.

At least on my black frame the carbon under the paint can't really been seen. Kinda sucks that the shiny alloy is so noticeable on the black frame. But take it to CBR and at the very least he would be able to make it look nice again.

Lol no i won't. I am taking it away for an assessment.

Some of it looks like old damage and the frame or that area was repainted. hence some of the inserts look like they are blacked out or painted over....

You sure the bike was not repaired or repainted in its lifetime?

Some of that looks very thin as if it was sanded down also.

Edited by s14phoenix

Some of it looks like old damage and the frame or that area was repainted. hence some of the inserts look like they are blacked out or painted over....

You sure the bike was not repaired or repainted in its lifetime?

Some of that looks very thin as if it was sanded down also.

I bought the bike brand new from a store in February 2018, im the 1st owner.