leave them in or take them out

hagar

THORNS !!!

I am riding tubless and have just got back and whilst washing the bike i noticed that there were quite a few in the tyres LOL

so i pulled one out and this green stuff came bubbling out Embarrassed

Did I do the right thing or shuld I have left it in ??? there are quite a few more in the tyres !!!

thanks for the advice in advance from a beautiful sunny but windy west coast

does it make any difference.  I normally take thorns out just because they bug me and to watch my tubeless seal the hole immediately

Do not, I repeat do NOT leave the thorns in. The heads break off and the first time you get a sidewall cut, or big hole, you can't plug and have to put a tube in, those sharp pointy things will make your tube look like swiss cheese. Believe me when I say it's no fun trying to get those little bits out, in a race, while your hands are full of goo!

some of the heads have broken off already !!!! i am just scared i take the thorns out and all my sealant goes ???? no i dont really know what is best wierd hey !!!! diffrent opinions and when my tyre is just one big mass of thorns it will look a mess .

Mrmed you say take them out ??? yea suppose you are right when i put a tube in one day i will have mess ConfusedConfused

My Grandson has a magnetic attraction to thorns in the tyres.

I agree, don't leave them in.

What I normally do is pull out the thorn, and hold my finger over the hole for a few seconds until the sealant does it's job. That way you lose far less sealant.

With him I have had up to twenty sealant plugged holes before having to think about replacing the tube.
joevan2008-06-16 07:48:55

Push them through the tyre with your "pokey thing" Wink, then take the tyre off, clean it out, put new sealant in and re-inflate the wheel. Trust me, I'm right, they're wrong. LOL

mrmed thanks my pokey thing is too big LOLLOLand my Sweetie wont be impressed with me if i get it all dirtyEmbarrassed

Guest Big H
mrmed thanks my pokey thing is too big LOLLOLand my Sweetie wont be impressed with me if i get it all dirtyEmbarrassed

And full of green bubbling sealant slime!!!!!!!! yecccchhhh!!!!!!!!

WinkWink hey bobster what you say ???? me no i am always well behaved never naughty LOL I will drink to that !!!!

20080616_090344_16062008855.jpg

Ja ja Hagar... and  I live in Uzbekistan...WinkLOL

and now we have successfully hijacked your own thread... sorryEmbarrassed