Ladies Bib and chafing issues.

KatMof

Hey Bikehub ladies, so I have a bunch of male cyclist friends who all know the best solutions for chafing, but unfortunately not a lot of them apply to females cause of the whole anatomy thing.

Does anyone have tips and tricks for women? Shorts/bibs that may help? Creams?

Battled for a very long time to get my girlfriend comfortable on the bike. In the end it came down to getting the correct saddle for her geometry anatomy, especially having a saddle with a fairly large cutout down the middle. She now rarely needs any chamois cream and feels a lot better.

We found that the Specialized line of saddles work well for her, but we went through about 5 or 6 saddles before we finally found ones that she liked.

Works across all her shorts and bibs, but she prefers her Ciovita bibs over everything else.

Hey Bikehub ladies, so I have a bunch of male cyclist friends who all know the best solutions for chafing, but unfortunately not a lot of them apply to females cause of the whole anatomy thing.

Does anyone have tips and tricks for women? Shorts/bibs that may help? Creams?

What saddle and shorts are you currently using ?

First Bike fit. Women have a wider sit bones than men and you would most likely take a 168mm Spez saddle or 155 in Fabric Scoop. Your set back can also be incorrect or most likely.

I did these above and my wife never had any problems including 4 hour ride on zwift.

Good luck

Battled for a very long time to get my girlfriend comfortable on the bike. In the end it came down to getting the correct saddle for her geometry, especially having a saddle with a fairly large cutout down the middle. She now rarely needs any chamois cream and feels a lot better.

We found that the Specialized line of saddles work well for her, but we went through about 5 or 6 saddles before we finally found ones that she liked.

Works across all her shorts and bibs, but she prefers her Ciovita bibs over everything else.

This^

Get your sitbones measured, and make sure you have the correct size saddle. My wife swears by her spescialized power saddle. She struggled immensely prior to this, and has been very happy since the purchase of the power saddle ( she has one on all 3 her bikes)

My wife also had some issues with saddles. She finds the Specialized Phenom the most comfortable. Maybe head to your local Spez shop and ask them if you can borrow a test saddle (if they still do that). 

Archived