IQ Square Power Meters

OnTheRicky

I was thinking about it but decided to rather wait and see a review of a real unit

Probably sensible, but the price will almost definitely be quite a bit higher

• 2 weeks later...

I was also about to pull the trigger but bailed out on the 11th hour after reading all their reviews. They kept delaying & delaying & delaying. I also wait until it’s available off the shelf. Delaying could also mean competition comes down with their pricing too.

Update 2h ago, delay after delay

Hi everyone!

In our last update two weeks ago, we showed you the first finished power meters and were looking forward to do some in-depth testing before shipping it over to our first crowdfunding backers and professionals like DC Rainmaker, GCN and GP Lama.

In the meantime, we have indeed been extensively testing these first units. In this phase, we encountered some hiccups that we are now trying to solve. It seems that one of the power meter components influences the power readings in a way that is challenging to fix with software.

As a startup, the quality of the product that we want to deliver is our number one priority. Therefore, we’ll be testing and trying out different solutions all throughout the weekend and will get back to you with another update in the course of next week. There are always a number of solutions to a problem, but they all come with different timelines. Obviously, we’re looking for a way to adapt the current units within a manageable time frame.

Feel free to keep reaching out through customer support and thanks for staying in touch.

Kind regards and have a good weekend,

Team iQsquare

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like they have abandoned their original design and have decided to go for a pedal based power meter.  New expected shipping dates is in August

Price has also gone up quite a bit.  Single sided was going for 129 Euro.  Now the road pedal is 199 Euro and MTB is 229 Euro

Edited by Zorro5614