2019 National DH Calendar - guys need to start putting their hands up

nigelhicks

This message came from KZN Gravity MTB yesterday ...

SA DOWNHILL CALENDAR 2019

------------------------------------

Cup Series #1: 9-10 March 2019 - Cascades MTB Park KZN - contact Nigel Hicks (0832447499)

Cup Series #2: 4-5 May 2019 - Afriski Lesotho - contact Peter Peyper (peterp@afriski.net)

Cup Series #3: 15-16 June 2019 - Venue TBA

SA Downhill Championships: 27-28 July 2019 - Stellenbosch area WP - contact Karen 0825580674

-----------------------------

KZN Gravity apologizes for the wait, but here is the calendar for SA Downhill 2019.... 2 venues are still to be confirmed as discussions are underway for a potential new venue in Gauteng.

We need riders to come forward and propose / organise new venues to host events. We are currently without a venue for at least 1 round of the series. .... Please guys put your hands up to help grow the sport.

--------------------------------

It seems that there is a serious lack of support at the moment from the riders to help host events at National level.

I know the Dustin Rudman's are doing well, as are the regional Cape and KZN events, but at a National level there is very little support.

Last year the National Champs at Harties ran at a HUGE loss, even through it was a great venue, and now the guys who put up their hands (and wallets) to organise that event are no longer in the mix.  

Does anyone know anyone who would be keen to host a round?

We need one in Gauteng, and can then make a plan with the last round?

I have chatted to Dirk Van Scalkwyk at DirtLab about hosting but they seem reluctant.

Does anyone have any ideas - or wish to put up their hands to host a round?

I fear if we dont get this the National Series may fall flat this year and then we will not have riders eligible for Worlds.

Cheers

Nige

Edited by nigelhicks

• 2 weeks later...

As the calendar stands right now. ....

Thanks to Peter at Afriski for stepping up to the plate and agreeing to take on a National Round for us!!!

post-16861-0-15267400-1549817524_thumb.jpg

Edited by nigelhicks

• 2 weeks later...

Contact the guys at Iron Throne and set it up ... we need guys in JHB to take the reigns and organise their own events - outside of the DRI that is

Would love a DH round in Gauteng. Iron Throne would be perfect  :thumbup: