POV of Avianto in Muldersdrift

hermanconradie

We went for an 18Km ride at Avianto, not knowing what the conditions would be like. On the trail it started raining and the mud was just something else. We also had to stop numerous times to remove the mud from our derailleur and tyres. In some areas it was so slippery that we could not cycle at all and had to push the bikes.

We went for an 18Km ride at Avianto, not knowing what the conditions would be like. On the trail it started raining and the mud was just something else. We also had to stop numerous times to remove the mud from our derailleur and tyres. In some areas it was so slippery that we could not cycle at all and had to push the bikes.

Thanks for sharing !!!

Thanks for sharing Herman. The route looks really fast and fun (when there's no mud)!
What tyres and pressures were you running for that ride?

Oh, and whats the entrance fee? Is there bike washing facilities?

Edited by Dirkitech

Thanks for sharing Herman. The route looks really fast and fun (when there's no mud)!

What tyres and pressures were you running for that ride?

Oh, and whats the entrance fee? Is there bike washing facilities?

No problem! I am running the tyres I bought with the bike, which is Maxxis Recon Race 2.25" and tyre pressure was 30psi.

Entrance fee is R40, but there was no bike wash on the day even though there was a bike wash sign. The staff was at least friendly enough to help us with a hosepipe to clean the bikes.

They also have a nice clubhouse to have a coffee or something to eat.

No problem! I am running the tyres I bought with the bike, which is Maxxis Recon Race 2.25" and tyre pressure was 30psi.

Entrance fee is R40, but there was no bike wash on the day even though there was a bike wash sign. The staff was at least friendly enough to help us with a hosepipe to clean the bikes.

They also have a nice clubhouse to have a coffee or something to eat.

Thank you for sharing that info - I appreciate it very much :)

Nice, I love Avianto. one of my fave places to ride.

But when it rains, or even after rain previous night Phambili is a no-go. There is a particular snottyness of the mud on Phambili side. Then if you manage to clear the mud, the rest of the route is rocky, and technical, causing wheels to have 0 traction.

@Dirkitech, when you want to head out there and have some company, let me know (I will probably only ride there again after the weekend of the 16th.

Black snot mud! Same as we get riding dirt bikes in a particular patch at De Wildt. Terrible stuff