[Event] Cradle Mountian Trophy

Forthelove

Event Name: Cradle Mountian Trophy
When: 6 April 2019 - 7 April 2019
Where: Maropeng, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Welcome to the 10th edition of the most popular 2-day mountain biking stage race - The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy. Can you believe it? The 10th edition of this awesome race. This year we’ve added some Trail Running adventures to the menu, so a great sporting weekend all round.

This two-day mountain biking event always promises to be an exhilarating experience and will take place over the weekend of 6th and 7th of April 2019.

This is without a doubt the most popular, engaging and spectacular 2-day event in and around Gauteng.

The beauty of this event is that it takes place at Maropeng in the heart of The Cradle of Humankind, so there is no long drive to the start. And the weekend caters for riders of all abilities – offering distances from 75km, 45km to 25km.

If you have done this mountain biking event before, you will know that The Cool Ideas Cradle Mountain Trophy promises a fantastic offering of single track, plus some challenging off-road and, of course, some good technical aspects. But do remember that we call this the “Mountain Trophy” for good reason. It is not all flat. We will be making good use of tracks and trails which have previously been used for private events.

If you are training for Joburg2C, The Great Kei Trek, or Sani, then this must be an event that’s on your training schedule.

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Who else will be doing this, looking at the profile, I am getting scared, using this to gauge the Sani training

My wife and I are (Hopefully if the baby sitters come through, else just her) Also part of Sani training. From what I gather it is pretty much day 2 of the route 66 route. We missed day 2 because of the rain this year. Only doing the Saturday though.

I did do Route 66 last year and I really enjoyed the 2nd day. So we'll see.

Also doing it .

Did the Tankwa and got lazy after that , so doing this to judge myself a bit . 

Also did it last year. Suffered!! Lots have changed in terms of training so hopefully I will suffer for a shorter period of time this year.

The route is also quite technical, especially on day 2. That is very taxing paired with the steep gradients. But loads of fun. By far the best race I have ever done.

Edited by Engel-a

Thanks for this I was just about to ask for the route.

Pleasure!

Don't know if there will be major changes to the route. Doubt it.

Word of advise... Start Day 1 flat out. It is a fast start. Do not hold back, for the first 8 -12 km.

Day2's start is basically Day1's finish in reverse.

Enjoy the graspolle.

Hi guys,

Looking for an entry for the Saturday Race only??

Please contact me on 0829026886

Rgds

Biscuit

With all the rain and the terrain it is going to be a proper mudfest and the mud are the clay type of mud that clings to everything.