Amohela Classic - Clarens

JK7

6/7 April

Who’s doing it ?

Buddy and I have signed up. 70km and 50km over two days. Some nice climbing on day 1 (1700+-)

Anyone ridden around Clarens?

I'm doing it yes, I've cycled at Clarens before and it was magical (my opinion). I believe it will be the same route as the old Trail Series / Trail Seeker. 

Are you guys racing snakes and expecting to win it  :D.

I'm doing it, Day 1 67km 1600m climbing, should be interesting.

Not a racing snake at all, I'm more of a backmarker / sweeper  :D

We'll keep each other company then  :rolleyes:

I currently have a 1x11 with a 34T oval in the front - I think I may need to rethink my choice and possibly scale down to a 32T 

I'm doing it, Day 1 67km 1600m climbing, should be interesting.

Not a racing snake at all, I'm more of a backmarker / sweeper  :D

We'll keep each other company then  :rolleyes:

I currently have a 1x11 with a 34T oval in the front - I think I may need to rethink my choice and possibly scale down to a 32T 

Also on a 1x11 but have a 32t.

Yip also in the for the two day. Family outing, but the girls will be shopping in Clarens...while i take on the fun bits.
Riding in Clarens is special and pack your climbing legs :-)

Are you guys racing snakes and expecting to win it  :D.

No, I will be keeping the sweepers company. Will take it nice and chilled. Take some photos. Have some snacks. And so on. 

Really looking forward to it. I do think i should try ride a few times with 1500m of climbing beforehand. Plenty of time  :mellow:

Bloody nice route if it's the one I'm thinking of. 
Did some route setting out there in connection with a client's training camp. We spoke with some of the locals organising the event, as they assisted us with land access.

Either way Clarens is a spectacular place to ride. That whole area upto Fouriesburg, Ficksburg etc is such an under rated outdoors destination.

Yip, I'm going to do some climbing starting this weekend or next to get the legs ready. The more I think about it though the more I believe swopping my 34T oval for the 32T will be much better suited. 

No, I will be keeping the sweepers company. Will take it nice and chilled. Take some photos. Have some snacks. And so on. 

Really looking forward to it. I do think i should try ride a few times with 1500m of climbing beforehand. Plenty of time  :mellow:

Yip, I'm going to do some climbing starting this weekend or next to get the legs ready. 

where you going to do said climbing? 

For major climbing I head into Waterkloof (Pretoria) which is on the road but it still works well imo. Here's a link of one of my crazy ones  :w00t:

https://www.strava.com/routes/5240266 

For dirt you'll have to do Saints, Wingerde, WTF, Tier and repeat  :whistling:

This link will give you a dirt experience as mentioned above

https://www.strava.com/routes/5103406 

where you going to do said climbing? 

I see they found a few extra metres in the last couple of months...

Originally said Day 1 to be only 1150m

post-7796-0-76544300-1551267177_thumb.jpg

now reported as 1600m

post-7796-0-77630800-1551267228_thumb.jpg

Some more bang for buck, I say! :clap: 

Archived