Sweat Band

brett.muller

Just a thought, have you looked at the helmet you use? Some are way more ventilated than others. 

Yes I have tried a couple. I have added an extra sweat band into/onto the front of the helmet and it does help until it gets saturated.  Use the glove to wipe often and this dries quicker.

Bit off topic but.......

I also drop the glasses every so often and this too helps. 

Living with it is indeed a problem and I stop often and wipe properly(my face!) or just shake the head to get rid of all the droplets of sweat while moving.

I am not adverse to riding in 30 degrees plus and do not race but after a day in the saddle nothing seems to help.  I have to stop every 50kms or so this is when I try and dry my head and face. 

I am not sure but there is probably nothing that will work well in these conditions, hence my interest in the thread.  I think age may also be a factor?

I sweat s lot, and my receding hairline seems to make it worse? It runs in rivulets where my kuif used to be.

I've started riding with a buff over my head in summer, it seems to absorb the sweat and become cooler the wetter it gets. The evaporative cooling works lekker with a well vented helmet.

I've also cut up an old buff to make a thinner headband and that also works.

Edited by PhilipV

I sweat s lot, and my receding hairline seems to make it worse? It runs in rivulets where my kuif used to be.

I've started riding with a buff over my head in summer, it seems to absorb the sweat and become cooler the wetter it gets. The evaporative cooling works lekker with a well vented helmet.

I've also cut up an old buff to make a thinner headband and that also works.

A few years ago, I did the Outsurance Expedition in KZN from Inanda dam to Blue Lagoon. It was a belter of a day with temperatures in the valley reaching the mid 30's. My receding hairline resulted in a few tiger stripes burnt onto my head from the vents in my Bell helmet.....

A few years ago, I did the Outsurance Expedition in KZN from Inanda dam to Blue Lagoon. It was a belter of a day with temperatures in the valley reaching the mid 30's. My receding hairline resulted in a few tiger stripes burnt onto my head from the vents in my Bell helmet.....

Been there, done that! I make sure to wear a buff when I ride.