Garmin 735XT heart rate sensor

scuzzy

Good evening all

Has anybody here experienced problems with the optical heart rate sensor on Garmin devices?  My heart rate, as well as my step counter on my 735xt has stopped working for the second time in the last 4 days.  It started working again on Sunday after numerous different resets and restart, and just started working after I gave up, so not sure what I did.

Anybody else had problems with this?

Mine gives sporadic HR readings while doing an activity. It often shoots to over 180bpm for a few seconds then drops down to 80bpm and then back up to my activity rate.

I've actually started using my HR strap for activities because of the nuisance.

How old is your device?

On other forums it was mentioned by a few people that their 735XT's started giving issues around the 2 year mark.

How old is your device?

On other forums it was mentioned by a few people that their 735XT's started giving issues around the 2 year mark.

Had mine since August 2016, with a few problems that were resolved with a factory reset. I think the widgets/apps/data screens had much to do with that.

Edit: about 1100 hours worth of workouts on the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Frosty

I got it on 8 Feb 2019, so it is really new.  I think I will send it in to Garmin to have a look, otherwise I end up doing resets way too often.  

No issues.

Erratic heartrate readings when I use on my DH bike runs, but that's only to be expected of a wrist based reading for that.