[Event] Delta Dash 6hr Endurance race 2019

suzieQ

Event Name: Delta Dash 6hr Endurance race 2019
When: 13 April 2019
Where: Delta Park School & Delta Park, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The Delta Dash 6 hour Endurance Challenge is taking place on Saturday 13 April 2019 at Delta Park School in Blairgowrie in Randburg, Johannesburg.

This annual event meanders through a mountain bike enthusiast’s paradise as cyclists race through the beautiful grasslands and woodlands of Delta Park. There is also a great fast section through the school which is the highlight of everyone’s lap.

Race Summary

Date:

Saturday 13 April 2019

Place:

Delta Park, Standard Drive, Blairgowrie, Randburg, Johannesburg

Times:

09:00 – 15:00

Prize Giving:

15:15

Race Details:

6 Hour endurance Mountain Bike Race in the Delta Park. (5-7km laps) Team/Individual race. Two or three members per team. Most completed laps in time allowed will win.

Entry Fee:

R220 online entry, R260 late entries

Go to Event Page

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will definitely be there - great pre-JoBerg2C prep ride, great atmosphere and for a great cause.

Great news.  Thanks for the ongoing support!

I see all the "repeat offenders" have entered.  Any newbies considering giving the Dash a bash?

Missed the last two years due to work and being uselessly unfit but there will be a couple of us this year...

Just to be clear.. is the team race a relay-style race or the team all rides together at the same time?

Relay as far as I know

Just to be clear.. is the team race a relay-style race or the team all rides together at the same time?

Yes, correct.  Only one member of each team can be on the course at the same time. 

That being said if everyone wants to sit and chill for a while and not ride the full 6 hours, that is also fine. 

A team member doesnt have to be on the course all the time - unless you are racing it, then every single second counts

• 2 weeks later...

Dont forget the Delta Dash is this Saturday. 

Check out this video of the last few seconds of last years racing if you still aren't sure if you want to enter.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtRhRRgVk5M

Online entries are open until Wednesday night.  http://www.cycleevents.co.za/mtb-events/delta-dash-6-hour-mtb-endurance-race-2019/?fbclid=IwAR3KM0yU-XyyXuAwTZTUBFU4EDWKJTItVs13lEsp_7maHYELtzcsfGWmZaw

Line entries will be available from 6.30am until 8am on Saturday at Delta Park School, providing the race isn't sold out.

Edited by suzieQ

Will be back for the first time since 2015, hope I can get down the stairs as they were not there in 2015.

If I can improve the number of laps by 1 I will be happy.

Ps. How is conditions looking regarding mud & water?

@RocknRolla looking forward to seeing you there

@Cheese the stairs are an A line, and very ridable, Im told!  There is a B line option which is simple single track and only slightly longer. Glad to hear you will be back.

I believe the route is looking awesome and we had just enough done for the rain to help and not destroy the route and still a few days to go (and a number of hours work on the trail).

Jozi trails has also been putting lots of effort into the water erosion situation.

I see all the "repeat offenders" have entered.  Any newbies considering giving the Dash a bash?

Hi I am giving it a try as a newbie! Looking forward to it.

I will be doing it for the 1st time with a couple of mates too! We will "smile and wave"