Buffelsdrift tips and tricks

boesman88

Learn to ride the tech stuff. Look for Skillup MTB on Facebook.

The photo was taken at Hakahana.

Yep, I spend quite bit of time youtubing to improve my skills and it has helped a heck of a lot. Dont have many opportunities where I stay to really try out big drop offs with very steep rocky descents (to practice what I’ve learnt) - so when I got to that part of the route it was more case “oh crap, what now?” and of course a lack of courage and skill that caught me by surprise. Love learning new tech skills though - a heap of fun!

Congratulations on finding the best MTB park in Gauteng ! Keep on riding the Buffel, you will build skills that will come in handy. You can do the A line without a dropper post, lean back and go straight.....like so !

post-63611-0-82690100-1555330083_thumb.jpeg

Learn to ride the tech stuff. Look for Skillup MTB on Facebook.

The photo was taken at Hakahana.

Hi Reden.

That's all good and well if you arrive there with your knee guards instead of the usual xo kit...

This thread has told me that Buffelsdrift is the next trail that I need to hit. Any tips for which route I should ride? Think I can only manage like 30km

This thread has told me that Buffelsdrift is the next trail that I need to hit. Any tips for which route I should ride? Think I can only manage like 30km

Do the Zebra route. Around 26km and nice.

What ever route you do include the "Supertube"!

Ek bel nie eers so vêr nie.

Speakinf of Buffels. has anyone done the Nguni Route.

Apparently you can now combine buffels + Nguni for a 85km ride, its called Bafuni route

Congratulations on finding the best MTB park in Gauteng ! Keep on riding the Buffel, you will build skills that will come in handy. You can do the A line without a dropper post, lean back and go straight.....like so !

attachicon.gifB0694F55-1EEF-4DFC-BAEB-02113B459B52.jpeg

Agreed, carry speed and keep to the centre. Just pin it, bike can handle a hell of a lot more than people seem to believe..........

Then again I have a dropper and 160mm of travel so what do i know, its the climbs that kill me!!!!

Not tips or tricks but is this: https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Buffelsdrift+Mountain+Bike+Park,+Plot+52,+Buffelsdrift+Conservancy,+Buffelsdrift+St,+Pretoria,+0130,+South+Africa/@-25.5986896,28.3265209,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1ebfe7128296c2a9:0x376c97a5b4589855?hl=en-za&gl=kw the place you guys are talking about?

Edit:Not sure if the url is working but on Google it is called Buffelsdrift mtb park.

Yes it is the same place, on Moloto road just before Roodeplaat dam the turn off is to the left

Yes it is the same place, on Moloto road just before Roodeplaat dam the turn off is to the left

Dankie! Ry jy fiets hier in Kuwait? Hoe lank is jy hier?

Archived