Sabie experience pre-ride this weekend

Have been invited, but cannot afford to take a week off running, as I've got Skyrun in the first week of December, so I've declined.

Why a week, well 3 days of riding and another 3 - 4 days for my legs to recover Wink

The Thug2006-10-24 00:42:35

Lucky for me I am flying out to Germany on Sunday night and will only be back on Thursday so an enforced 4 day rest period!

Just waiting for my flight back from Germany!

The pre ride was absolutely brilliant! Rode Fri and Sat with the slow group. Friday it poured down all day. 75k's with about 1800m of climbing. Sat warmish no rain but still mud. Long day out, nearly 80k's with 1640m of climbing. Sun had to cut short to get to airport but still rode 60k's with the fast group and managed to keep up.

Some observations, have new brake pads in at the start of a wet stage (I didn't but luckily took spares and could put them in at halfway), if you change anything (new bar and stem for me) make sure you have ridden it before. I never adjusted the headset properly and thought it had failed!

Full report,with photos next week on Flatdogs website.