Budget Road Bike

Gringo

If you are looking for a high end bike, go second hand. If you are looking for a bike just to get in some road kms, I would suggest new. I would prefer a new entry level bike with decent components vs a second hand one that you have no history on frame or components. If you know the bike and seller, then I would reconsider. New will always feel better regardless of the weight. 

You can pick up a nice new Silverback/ Giant for 15K.

Before you buy get a decent bikefit, otherwise you will get the wrong size and that's the worse thing to ride a bike and not be comfortable on it. Rather spend R500 to get expert advice on size than spend R15000 and not enjoying it.

Hi All,

Any advice on a decent spec'd road bike with a budget of R 15,000

Thanks

have patience when buying a bike..research and research...become aware of when bike brands have their sales etc...like Giant and Scott have sometimes good deals...also walk into bike shops and have a demo test in they offer the service...and if they don't..that makes a decision easier for you...

avoid carbon....at that price...you don't know how well the bike has beeb treated and how the frame actually is...

aluminium is a great frame...and get the best value group set you can...Tiagra and 105 would be great..

good luck...

Well, if that's not permission I don't know what is!

the problem I have is that I cant justify to myself spending the money on a bike right now when there are other priorities that need money.

So whilst I have the permission, it will need to wait.