Kore Realm 3.0 vs Raceface Arc30

CdT85

Hi guys and girls,

I am in the process of replacing the rims on my Ibis Mojo HD3.

Currently have Stan Flow Ex on Stans 3.30 hubs, but i am not a fan of the engagement of the rear hub.

I bought a set a hope pro 4's and a set of Kore Realm 3.0 hoops. Originally wanted the Raceface Arc30's, but the Arc's i bought ended up being 29" and i sold them on again.

I cant really find any reviews of the Kore's online and their weight kinda puts me off (585g a hoop, vs the 490g of the arc's). Not sure if its worthwhile to spend the money to lace up the Kore's.

Does anyone have any experience with the Kore Realm 3.0? Or should I rather try getting my hands on the Arc30's or something similar?

They're like a hilux, good enough but not great

I'd go for arc's if you have the cash to spare, hope and spank would be next

Flow's are great for their weight

I've had Flow Mk3s as well as the Arcs. While I find the Flows a bit 'meh' I can't fault them but I can't find anything to really rave abut them. The Arcs I had were pretty light and spun up very quickly but were pretty soft. I don't really think I'm that hard on my wheels but I noticed damage quite quickly. 

I believe the Kores are prey bomb proof as well and a couple of bike shop guys I trust seem to rate them as well. 

Some of my favorite wheels have been spanks as they are super tough and really responsive. There were some 29'r Kores here about a week ago that I was super keen on but for one reason or the other I missed out. Personally you're sitting on the Kores and you have the hubs why not give them a go. What kind of bike are they going on? I think they come across as quite burly.  

I've had Flow Mk3s as well as the Arcs. While I find the Flows a bit 'meh' I can't fault them but I can't find anything to really rave abut them. The Arcs I had were pretty light and spun up very quickly but were pretty soft. I don't really think I'm that hard on my wheels but I noticed damage quite quickly. 

I believe the Kores are prey bomb proof as well and a couple of bike shop guys I trust seem to rate them as well. 

Some of my favorite wheels have been spanks as they are super tough and really responsive. There were some 29'r Kores here about a week ago that I was super keen on but for one reason or the other I missed out. Personally you're sitting on the Kores and you have the hubs why not give them a go. What kind of bike are they going on? I think they come across as quite burly.

They are for my Ibis Mojo HD3.

Had some spank spike 35's on my dirt jumper/dh bike back in the day and i loved them. Just seems semi inpossible to find solid 650b hoop locally. Want something solid, not too heavy and not too expensive. But know I wont be able to tick all three those boxes in one go

They are for my Ibis Mojo HD3.

Had some spank spike 35's on my dirt jumper/dh bike back in the day and i loved them. Just seems semi inpossible to find solid 650b hoop locally. Want something solid, not too heavy and not too expensive. But know I wont be able to tick all three those boxes in one go

Sorry, missed the bit about the bike up the top. Nice bike! 

I've always struggled to find a selection of good rims locally at prices that don't what to make you cry when comparing to over seas. 

The new hope fortus 30 looks good but lord know if hey will ever end up here. I see CRC are having a big clear out with Spank and Easton Arc / Race Face Arc getting big discounts. Also worth a look are WTB i29's.

Sorry, missed the bit about the bike up the top. Nice bike! 

I've always struggled to find a selection of good rims locally at prices that don't what to make you cry when comparing to over seas. 

The new hope fortus 30 looks good but lord know if hey will ever end up here. I see CRC are having a big clear out with Spank and Easton Arc / Race Face Arc getting big discounts. Also worth a look are WTB i29's.

Just remember if you go this route you'll have to deal with SKYnet

A mate of mine had Kore rims on his spez enduro, they held up well under him and he rides like a gorilla.

Another mate of mine who is also a bit like a Neanderthal had Raceface ARC rims that he got on a CRC Wheelset that has since been replaced with Flows. He says he can't recommend them at all.

I have a set of Spez Roval Traverse rims, nice and light, but the back wheel got dinged up to replacement levels within months, and I'm the type of rider who rode those same trails on American Classic wheels for two years....

The thing with the wide rims that we like, is that the extrusion takes too much material out of it if it is made to be light. So the heavier, meatier rim will be stronger.

Wide.strong. Light.

Pick any two of the above.

My suggestion, if you don't ride like a fairy, then ride the Kore rims.

Thanx guys. Laced up the rear Kore/hope pro 4 last night. Need to buy spokes for the front wheel still.

Will ride them a bit and see. Calculated weight for the wheelset is 2050g so probably isnt that heavy at the end of the day