Passport Online Application

Wannabe

I am trying my way on this now. First no OTP, now the system just bombs. I have managed to register, that is all. Seriously frustrating.

5 hours ago, mazambaan said:

I am trying my way on this now. First no OTP, now the system just bombs. I have managed to register, that is all. Seriously frustrating.

someone half jokingly suggested that they took the system offline so that you cant make a booking until after the new price comes into effect. I'm really starting to think its true.

Phoned them again now, they said if I'm not getting the OTP I should use the BABS system and book at a branch. BABS system keeps failing to authenticate me, so thats also not working.

Their Twitter account (the one I could find) was registered in 2019, made 1 tweet and that was that.

I prefer to go inline at the Heidelberg HA office. I would get there at 06:00, take a book to read, and sit in the queue and wait. The wife and kids would then drive down to join me at 08:00.

By the time they’re open, logged in and ready, it’s 08:45 and I’m on my way home shortly after.

Sadly the collection process is the same process, but also relatively quick. Not ideal, but I found what works for me.

Out of desperation I landed up using the Branch Appointment booking system.

I've made the appointments for Thursday, lets just hope that there are no queues for appointment bookings.

2 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

Out of desperation I landed up using the Branch Appointment booking system.

I've made the appointments for Thursday, lets just hope that there are no queues for appointment bookings.

I did my application last week as well but opted for the bank branch option. Made the booking appointment at my local ABSA branch which is the list and was confirmed for 9am. Thought that while I do have an appointment date and time I will be there 5minutes prior to the appointment. Arrived at my estimated time just to be greeted with a row of people already in the queue. Waited 45 minutes in the queue as their was only 2 persons on duty, one for new applications and one for collections.

5 minutes ago, JJDT said:

I did my application last week as well but opted for the bank branch option. Made the booking appointment at my local ABSA branch which is the list and was confirmed for 9am. Thought that while I do have an appointment date and time I will be there 5minutes prior to the appointment. Arrived at my estimated time just to be greeted with a row of people already in the queue. Waited 45 minutes in the queue as their was only 2 persons on duty, one for new applications and one for collections.

I just could not get the login OTP to work for the bank appointment system. Tried for 5 days and then gave in.

and ABSA banks are like state departments inside anyway, always queues and silly counters.

We'll take snacks and drinks and entertainment just incase we need to wait a few hours.