[Event] PPA Sportive #8

Pedal Power Association

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fun! My first road race ever and even I could tell there were some people that rode k@k. One guy with an orange motion energy kit on his BMC were all over the place the entire race, people shouting at him as he swerves and switches on them.. Dodged a flying empty beer can at some point. Guy next to me got a burst tyre and he and the guy behind him went down early on in the race. Started in Batch C-E and finished close to the front of the batch with total chaos ensuing with the wannabe sprinters not giving a flying f... about the peoples safety around them, pushing people off onto the gravel! Flippen hell that stressed me out! Averaged over 37kmh for the race.

Dude, if it is your first road race ever, I reckon you've had a rude awakening on what racing is all about! Welcome. I saw that guy you are talking about, and guess our definition of road racing skills differ.

He had a team mate drop the whole group in front and he made sure he stayed away. Good racing in my opinion, but anyway, that's just me.

See you at the next race! Believe you me, it is usually much tougher than this!

How many guys were in the break from the start from A for 65km?

Was it just Jack van Wyk?

Seems like it is always a hot start when he is there!

Edited by DJTerblanche

How many guys were in the break from the start from A for 65km?

Was it just Jack van Wyk?

Seems like it is always a hot start when he is there!

And Chris I think

those pics are stunning and make me regret sleeping in that morning :D Isn't there another one this coming sunday? :D

FOMO ... anyone wants a chest infection .. its free and very reliable/hardy.

Ahhh that sucks - I was wondering why you missed the last one. We must arrange a December ride :D

Gonna be a tough one, from the left turn onto the R312 at Fruitseller 4 Way Stop it will be rolling hills almost to the finish. Depending on the weather / wind conditions it can / will be a slugfest.

I'm gonna play this one safe and rather conserve my legs as much as possible up to this point.

Looking at results I would guess low beta with massive winner time adjustment

But I might be wrong :)

Seems like the case for the vast majority of PPA races. Which also make the majority of PPA races useless for improving your seeding once you get around C group