[Event] PPA Sportive #8

Pedal Power Association

Someone else said the two values is the position and gradient of a bell curve. This made sense.

I like to think of it as a minimization problem.

Take the results of CTCT as the base seed and see which beta and adjusted wining team of the current race will give you the least difference, for all riders which did both.

This means your chance of getting a better seeding when ending in a big bunch, is very slim.

You either need to work hard in a small breakaway to get a better seeding or hope they group your alphabet letter with a better one and then end at the sharp end of that group (and hope the group splits up somewhat).

This can make the smaller races attractive for getting a better seeding.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you have pre-entered and / or are a PPA member, or will be doing an late entry, but the system is fairly simple and effective.

After finding your parking spot, make your way to the PPA tent where the Ladies will be sitting, waiting to eagerly assist you.

Pre-entered: go to the appropriately marked table, and give your name which will then be checked and crossed off, you will be given a sticker with your start batch on. This must be attached to your PPA race number, which you will have to collect there if you do not have one already.

Late entry: fill in the provided form, pay your money to the friendly Lady, get your sticker, stick it to your PPA race number and then report to your starting batch, and then just enjoy your race.

Great thank you for the detailed response.

Have done pre-entry and have PPA upcountry membership so will need to collect the race number and sticker.

look forward to the race on Sunday :)

hahaha the last 20k were brutal :D I was in / or chasing most (unsuccesful) brakeaway attempts but the group always caught up (as far as I know), until 80k into the race when suddenly the group started to not look like anything anymore. Very cool event though !

Edited by Jbr