Semi Compact Crank

Marco Crow

Morning hubbers need assistance here the new semi compact crank shimano 52/36 what cassette to match up 11/25 or 11/28.

I had a 10 speed before 53/39 with 11/28 worked ok.

I am not a strong climber i would say average.

All depends what type of racing/riding you do. Seeming as the previous 11/28 was ok then the 11/25 will probably suffice. If you stick with the 11/28, you will probably very seldom use the 28. BUT if you do go for the 11/28 then you can probably stay in the big blade for a lot longer and that is always first option imho. I will rather ride big blade and the 28 than small blade and somewhere in the middle of the cassette.

I would stick with 11/28.  The spread of the gears is better on the 11 speed cassette than the 10 speed (Shimano) so you should be more comfortable and still have the bail out option for the real hills.

Morning hubbers need assistance here the new semi compact crank shimano 52/36 what cassette to match up 11/25 or 11/28.

I had a 10 speed before 53/39 with 11/28 worked ok.

I am not a strong climber i would say average.

With the previous set up I'm willing to bet you never used the 53x11 except on steep downhils an you often had to crank the 39x28.

the 52/36 x 11/28 will give you a more usable gear range but not by much at the top end. The low range is where you will score.

Also consider 50/36 x 11/28 if you want to be able to have the most usable gear range

if you go full compact 50/34 then a 11/25 will be superb

Edited by DieselnDust

Thank you guys so happy i posted this topic just wanted to make the right choice for me which def is 52/36 with 11/28 setup.