Hi guys please advise me on these bikes

sizwenduduzow@gmail.com

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nox1111 how good is the silverback brand can it handle 850KM per month 

I had a Siverback,(+/-5500km) and traded it in for a Merida( currently +/-3600km) Both of them gave me no hassles. I got a damm good deal at Cajees in Centurion, both on trade in and buying the new bike.

Like everyone has said - fitment is your first point of call: 

https://www.competitivecyclist.com/Store/catalog/fitCalculatorBike.jsp

30km a day is a lot of km's - you'll firstly and most importantly have to get Strava so that we can all see how you clock those miles  :).

It's a nice journey to get your first bike but do not worry too much for getting the perfect steed on your first go - you can always upgrade and move on if you want to get something better down the line  :). Just don't get something from a store that sells everything - rather go to a cycling specific store and get proper advice if you want to get the "new leather smell"

If you want to go with a 2nd hand bike you're at the right place  :thumbup:

The Momsen quoted on page 2 is really one of the better options. Good price, spot on geometry and well thought out spec.

Could possibly look at Titan/Merida in that range too, can have a look for you.

The Momsen quoted on page 2 is really one of the better options. Good price, spot on geometry and well thought out spec.

Could possibly look at Titan/Merida in that range too, can have a look for you.

Thanks I would appreciate that. so you are saying I could also get a brand new Merida/Titan for that price range