2020 Tour de France

pista

Apparently the time cut will be around 36mins today.

Yesterday had two climbs, both HC.

Today has

1 x HC

2 x Cat 1

1 x Cat 2

1 x Cat 3

The commentators reckon some sprinters won't make it today.

The toughest thing for them is probably that it is coming in the 3rd week, directly following three crazy mountain stages spaced over 4 days.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the time cut will be around 36mins today.

Yesterday had two climbs, both HC.

Today has

1 x HC

2 x Cat 1

1 x Cat 2

1 x Cat 3

The commentators reckon some sprinters won't make it today.

The toughest thing for them is probably that it is coming in the 3rd week, directly following three crazy mountain stages spaced over 4 days.

Ja all depending on the average speed of the winner.

Shame its been tough but the bigger guys are hanging in there..[emoji123]

Bahrain placing riders all over the place.. hope we see something today.. if at first you don't succeed.. try and try again..this is a tactic Contador used to use a lot.. okay Contador also used to sometimes get help from other teams as well.

Bahrain placing riders all over the place.. hope we see something today.. if at first you don't succeed.. try and try again..this is a tactic Contador used to use a lot.. okay Contador also used to sometimes get help from other teams as well.

and clem steaks

and clem steaks

Yes we know.. but back to on the road racing tactics[emoji6] Edited by Gen

Saw Griepels current speed and thought it probably means his bike is on a car.

Then the commentators confirmed he abandoned :(

post-27827-0-41435700-1600342227_thumb.png

This thread is purely for the discussion of the boring Jumbo Visma train. 

Basically just team sky in bumble bee out fits.

I really find it weird. I mean even back in the 60's and 70's Molteni used to do the exact same thing for Merckx. (as have the teams of all the big/multiple tour winners... La Vie Claire, Z, USPS, Discovery, Renault, Fagor, SKY, all of them.)

This tactic is nothing new. (or do guys here just not really understand the sporting tactic at this level :ph34r: )

Edited by TNT1

Saw Griepels current speed and thought it probably means his bike is on a car.

Then the commentators confirmed he abandoned :(

NOOOOO!! I think that's it for the Gorilla. His best was a long time ago, and I'm glad I got to see some of it.

Think Kwaito deserves a stage win how many years has he spent driving the sky/ ineos teams around France

It's the least they could do given how they've potentially ruined what could've been an incredibly diverse and successful palmares. Kwaito imho is as good as Sagan perhaps better. Absolutely selfless to his team's cause and quite frankly I feel that they owe him far more than just a stage win.

It's the least they could do given how they've potentially ruined what could've been an incredibly diverse and successful palmares. Kwaito imho is as good as Sagan perhaps better. Absolutely selfless to his team's cause and quite frankly I feel that they owe him far more than just a stage win.

Yep.. agreed.

Shame suppose that's what he signed up for..but yeah pity he never really got to focus more on some of the classics.

Edited by Gen