2020 Tour de France

pista

Etape 13 / Stage 13

[emoji626]Châtel-Guyon - Puy Mary [emoji469] 191 km #TDF2020

Les favoris ne pourront pas se cacher. / One for the favorites, they'll have nowhere to hide.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Etape 13 / Stage 13

[emoji626]Châtel-Guyon - Puy Mary [emoji469] 191 km #TDF2020

Les favoris ne pourront pas se cacher. / One for the favorites, they'll have nowhere to hide.

The 2020 Tour de France route was unveiled in Paris on Tuesday morning, with the 107th edition of the Grand Boucle following an unconventional and mountainous route that appears to suit the aggressive racing of French contenders Julian Alaphilippe and Thibaut Pinot rather the controlled format preferred by Chris Froome, Egan Bernal and Team Ineos.

The race includes 29 categorised climbs, six mountain finishes, gravel roads but only 36 kilometres of time trialing, all of which come on Pinot's home roads and on the steep climb to Planche des Belle Filles on the final Saturday. There is no spot for a team time trial.

Finishes at L'Alpe d'Huez and atop Mount Ventoux are also missing, with race organisers ASO instead targetting lesser known but historic finishes on the Puy Mary deep in the Massif Central, and on the Col de la Loze in the heart of the Alps as the stand out mountain finishes.

Is Alaphilippe really a contender? GC guys will not give him a big leash anymore like this year, so he'll have to earn every timegap the hard way.

Etape 14 / Stage 14

[emoji626]Clermont-Ferrand - Lyon [emoji469] 197 km #TDF2020

Un menu dense avec les Monts du Forez puis 3 côtes dans le final lyonnais! / It's getting pretty tasty with the Monts du Forez and 3 climbs inside the last 15 km in Lyon.

Etape 14 / Stage 14

[emoji626]Clermont-Ferrand - Lyon [emoji469] 197 km #TDF2020

Un menu dense avec les Monts du Forez puis 3 côtes dans le final lyonnais! / It's getting pretty tasty with the Monts du Forez and 3 climbs inside the last 15 km in Lyon.

Etape 15 / Stage 15

[emoji626]Lyon - Grand Colombier [emoji469] 175 km #TDF2020

[emoji2956] Grosse bagarre entre les favoris à la veille de la deuxième journée de repos! / The favourites will battle it out before the second rest day.

Etape 16 / Stage 16

[emoji626]La Tour-Du-Pin - Villard-de-Lans [emoji469] 164 km #TDF2020

[emoji903] La Chartreuse et le Vercors comme terrain de jeux des attaquants ! / The Chartreuse and Vercors ranges, an attacking rider's playground!

Etape 17 / Stage 17

[emoji626] Grenoble - Méribel (Col de la Loze) [emoji469] 168 km #TDF2020

[emoji903] Col de la Madeleine : 17,1 km, 8,4%

[emoji903] Col de la Loze : 21,5 km, 7,8%

Deux géants à gravir pour une étape décisive ! / Two giants have to be tamed on what will be a decisive stage!

The 2020 Tour de France route was unveiled in Paris on Tuesday morning, with the 107th edition of the Grand Boucle following an unconventional and mountainous route that appears to suit the aggressive racing of French contenders Julian Alaphilippe and Thibaut Pinot rather the controlled format preferred by Chris Froome, Egan Bernal and Team Ineos.

The race includes 29 categorised climbs, six mountain finishes, gravel roads but only 36 kilometres of time trialing, all of which come on Pinot's home roads and on the steep climb to Planche des Belle Filles on the final Saturday. There is no spot for a team time trial.

Finishes at L'Alpe d'Huez and atop Mount Ventoux are also missing, with race organisers ASO instead targetting lesser known but historic finishes on the Puy Mary deep in the Massif Central, and on the Col de la Loze in the heart of the Alps as the stand out mountain finishes.

Is Alaphilippe really a contender? GC guys will not give him a big leash anymore like this year, so he'll have to earn every timegap the hard way.

I say fair game. When you play India in SA, you prepare a wicket that plays to your strengths.

Vive La France!

Etape 18 / Stage 18

[emoji626]Méribel - La Roche-sur-Foron [emoji469] 168 km #TDF2020

[emoji409] Plus de 4000 mètres d'ascension et le Plateau des Glières pour finir ! / Over 4000m of climbing ends with a finish at the Plateau des Glières!

Etape 19 / Stage 19

[emoji626]Bourg-en-bresse - Champagnole [emoji469] 160 km #TDF2020

[emoji123] Les sprinteurs qui auront résisté aux Alpes pourront viser la victoire. / The sprinters that made it through the Alps now have their chance to shine.

Etape 20 / Stage 20

[emoji626]Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles [emoji469] 36 km [emoji935] (ITT) #TDF2020

[emoji2956] La Planche des Belles Filles, théâtre de l'ultime bataille pour le classement général / [emoji2956] La Planche des Belles Filles, the scene of the final battle for the GC and the Yellow Jersey.

Etape 21 / Stage 21

[emoji626]Mantes-la-Jolie - Paris Champs Elysées [emoji469] 122 km #TDF2020

Un dernier sprint massif avant la célébration / A massive final sprint before the party starts!

I say fair game. When you play India in SA, you prepare a wicket that plays to your strengths.

Vive La France!

ja..they been trying this for years, just never seems to work out