Giant Propel Advance 2

Popara

Hi, 

I've been riding a MTB for a while and decided to switch to a road bike. After " shopping around" , I've find a decent deal on a used Giant Propel Advance 2 with S105 group set. Any concerns that this bike might be " above my league" considering that i am switching from MTB to a road bike? Appreciate your inputs. 

Hi, 

I've been riding a MTB for a while and decided to switch to a road bike. After " shopping around" , I've find a decent deal on a used Giant Propel Advance 2 with S105 group set. Any concerns that this bike might be " above my league" considering that i am switching from MTB to a road bike? Appreciate your inputs. 

Propel is an out and out aero bike. I have one and I completely do not do it justice but its cool to ride and being carbon is a sweet ride.

So just do it.

The Propel can put you in quite an aggressive position, but if it works for you, that's great. If you like the bike and it likes you, ride it!!

Don't be taken in by 'above my league' - such a bike doesn't exist! Nor does 'below my league' exist for that matter.

How old are you / how long are you riding for / how flexible are you ?

What type of riding do you intend on doing ?

I've owned a Propel for a short time, sold it as I found it a bit way too stiff and can be uncomfortable even if set up correctly.

IMO, rather look at a TCR or something similar.

Nothing wrong at all with 105

You are going to feel pretty awkward on your first ride. The different position, the narrow bars and this skinny wheel in front of you will make you feel unstable on the bike.

Also, with road bikes, the gearing is much higher than modern mtbs, so you may not be used to that.

Don't give up, just persevere and before long you'll be loving the speed that a road bike give and you'll be used to it in a jiffy.

i had the propel, sold it as i was tempted by another carbon mistress. Needless to say i am going back to my first love. Absolutely loved the propel.

I own a Propel and love it. Setup + bike fit and you won’t look back. BTW Before my Propel I was only doing MTB....