tcr-rider

Who cares? He rented a car already.

Heard of the saying "Flogging a dead horse?"

Not Friday yet, but get with the program

Who cares? He rented a car already.

Heard of the saying "Flogging a dead horse?"

Not Friday yet, but get with the program

i THINK THE AVANZA IS THE BEST

Have you possibly had the opportunity to compare the Avanza vs the Suzuki Ertiga (the newer 1500cc version) ?

Similar ground clearance, packing space, etc ....

But the Ertiga is front wheel drive ... which may well be an issue if you really want to go further off the beaten track ....  then again, the Ertiga is a much nicer drive ....

Looking at either the Rush (avanza in a dress) vs the Ertiga GLX for our next car ... biggest problem with the Rush being that Toyota in the Western Cape wont sell it with a towbar, and the two test drives have been less than impressive in terms of noise levels and the driving experience.  Getting the bikes into the Ertiga is just a bit more tricky, as the boot has a step, but it is a much nicer car in all other aspects ....

would appreciate input from anybody with experience of either.

Nope, never tried the Suzuki. But have annoyed the hell out of game rangers in the berg with an Avanza. When you meet them at the gate, they give you the "you doing field work in THAT thing" palava. "Let see if we can get anywhere, but I will need to sort out a vehicle for you".

Then you drive behind their 4X4 all the way to the top :).

The Avanza is light, rear-wheel drive, good ground clearance and if you let those Dunlop SP 33s down to 1.2 bar, it pretty damn amazing (while using 7 litres / 100km).

LCE Challenge done and I can confirm two things:

1. The Avanza is easily the worst car I've ever driven. Like a late-nineties Fiat Uno without any of the luxury or performance, it's not a vehicle designed to go more than 100km/h and seemed to want to blow off the road with the slightest gust of wind. Just diabolically terrible. Mine came without a radio too, which was great for the 2+ hour journey to Langebaan.
  2. The Avanza was able to hold a Giant TCR bike in its boot without having to put the passenger seats down, thus allowing me to transport my kids too. Success!

Thanks all the advice everyone! 

See now? We never said it was a luxury limo, but the best car to transport a bike. Mission accomplished.

I own the previous Suzuki Ertiga and it is amazing what you can fit in. With the ground clearance it can go plenty of places and the.l drive is much better than the Avanza.

Spelling