[Event] Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo 2020

@BigJohnSwan

Disappointing to see the 2021 event cancelled as well. Not sure why but I guess the organisers didn't want to risk cancelling due to the 3rd wave?

Already booked accommodation so will still go through as there is more than enough riding to be done in the area even without events. 

Disappointing to see the 2021 event cancelled as well. Not sure why but I guess the organisers didn't want to risk cancelling due to the 3rd wave?

Already booked accommodation so will still go through as there is more than enough riding to be done in the area even without events. 

and definitely a ride you can do with a friend or 2

and definitely a ride you can do with a friend or 2

Agreed, which is why I was more than happy to take the chance of the event being cancelled last minute. Just didn't expect the cancellation to happen 2 months before the time with covid cases taking a dive!

• 9 months later...

Back on! Big up to @@BigJohnSwan for being able to manage the carry over entries and only have a small top-up amount to pay in. And that after 3 postponements. Was happy to pay my additional R250 this morning. 

Pity about the date though - personally would not have picked the week before the CTCT. Also weird that there is another mtb race over the Swartberg pass on the exact same day - seems a bit of a potential stuff up to me, clearly the local organisers are not talking to each other ????

This race still on my bucket list, last year I still went to Prince Albert despite the race being cancelled and had a great weekend there. Maybe the next one after this.

23 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

And there is the announcement that they are looking for a different date...

Good thing I didn't get overexcited and book accommodation... 

Jeez I can't keep up. I've got entries postponed. Entries cancelled....