Torn meniscus

ChrisF

It has been almost two months of social isolation - not being able to ride with my buddies ....

The sessions at the bio started GOOD ... and then she had to attend a CPD conference .... in London.  Strange looking back, but 1 month ago it was no biggy to go to London ..... by the time she came back, she had to go in isolation, followed by medical testing.  Only once she got the all clear, end of last week, was she able to set up appointments.  Not sure if she or her patients were more devastated by Monday's news .... OKAY, we do get the big picture !!  Put your high horses back in the stables !

May add that I was very dillegent in doing my exercises, both land and water based.

Had my session with her today.  The progress is CLEAR to see ... happiness !!!!!  :clap:

I should have known better ......   :eek:

Dont let that kind smile fool you ..... she stepped it up a notch !! for the next 90 minutes I k@ked af !!!

But NOTHING is spoiling my good mood tonight !  :thumbup:  

I was "instructed" to start up the IDT, and do a gentle 10 minute ride on Zwift  :w00t:    Damn, what a nice bio  :thumbup:   :clap:

Now for the truly good news .... hearing the sargent-major in my left ear I was sure to keep my shoulders OPEN, core ACTIVATED, peddling with the legs and not the knees (dont even ask me to try and explain the difference).  IT WORKS !!  :w00t:   :clap:  

I started out VERY slowly and carefully .... your mind plays tricks, and I did not want a set back at this point !!  Obviously I chose the flattest section of Whatopia .... at the first little hill I geared up and idled to the top ..... and then I found a nice rythm, curl the toes, use those leg muscles to turn the crank, Watts climbing, and NO tension on the knees.  By the second hill, short but nasty little bugger, I geared up one, and spun up the hill - knees fine  :thumbup:

dammit .... those 10 minutes was past WAY too quickly .... 

But I KNOW what is happening after tomorrows land exercises  :clap:

PS - serious eye opener to see how a proper rehab can assist.    yeaaa, long hours of boring exercises, but done correctly it makes a huge difference.

It has been almost two months of social isolation - not being able to ride with my buddies ....

The sessions at the bio started GOOD ... and then she had to attend a CPD conference .... in London.  Strange looking back, but 1 month ago it was no biggy to go to London ..... by the time she came back, she had to go in isolation, followed by medical testing.  Only once she got the all clear, end of last week, was she able to set up appointments.  Not sure if she or her patients were more devastated by Monday's news .... OKAY, we do get the big picture !!  Put your high horses back in the stables !

May add that I was very dillegent in doing my exercises, both land and water based.

Had my session with her today.  The progress is CLEAR to see ... happiness !!!!!  :clap:

I should have known better ......   :eek:

Dont let that kind smile fool you ..... she stepped it up a notch !! for the next 90 minutes I k@ked af !!!

But NOTHING is spoiling my good mood tonight !  :thumbup:  

I was "instructed" to start up the IDT, and do a gentle 10 minute ride on Zwift  :w00t:    Damn, what a nice bio  :thumbup:   :clap:

Now for the truly good news .... hearing the sargent-major in my left ear I was sure to keep my shoulders OPEN, core ACTIVATED, peddling with the legs and not the knees (dont even ask me to try and explain the difference).  IT WORKS !!  :w00t:   :clap:  

I started out VERY slowly and carefully .... your mind plays tricks, and I did not want a set back at this point !!  Obviously I chose the flattest section of Whatopia .... at the first little hill I geared up and idled to the top ..... and then I found a nice rythm, curl the toes, use those leg muscles to turn the crank, Watts climbing, and NO tension on the knees.  By the second hill, short but nasty little bugger, I geared up one, and spun up the hill - knees fine  :thumbup:

dammit .... those 10 minutes was past WAY too quickly .... 

But I KNOW what is happening after tomorrows land exercises  :clap:

PS - serious eye opener to see how a proper rehab can assist.    yeaaa, long hours of boring exercises, but done correctly it makes a huge difference.

Nice to see you enjoying it 

I remember when i went for my physio sessions, short 30 minute ones but i sweated for another hour after showering...sweated so much it was embarrassing 

"Enjoy" is probably not always the correct term for the work outs... not always easy to get up at 4.30 to do a woekout before going to work.

though I do actually like the water based exercises.... after work

SUPER EXCITED about the results !!

Reality check when you get the next level exercises.