Apex Bicycles

10 hours ago, Kealan Erasmus said:

I've had my Apex A900 for more than a year now... I really love the ride, great for XC, especially for climbing. The best part of the bike is the frame and cockpit set up, the ride is Hella stable and super forgiving

The problem is that Initially, I had to replace quite a few components which was crap expensive. These included changing the rear Hub, brake alignment, tightening the brake cables etc etc... Many of these things sound like they are done after a service but I was shocked at how quickly the OEM parts wore out... I replaced those with respectable aftermarket parts and now the bike is awesome ???????????? 

honestly if I had a lot of money, I'd convert the 3 x 7 to a 1 x 12... I know its cheaper to buy a bike with this... But like I said the bike makes climbing effortless ???????? the bike descends decently... the control and stability is on point... I've rode on my friend's reflex 29 and another friend's silverback stride (both on several occasions) it's simply not as good ....

But atleast they didn't have to replace anything on there bike ????

Enjoy :)

Have you considered a 1x11 conversion?  For less than R 4 500 you can do the full convert with Deore level components.  Cheaper and much better quality than entry level 1x12.

Edited by ChrisF

11 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Enjoy :)

Have you considered a 1x11 conversion?  For less than R 4 500 you can do the full convert with Deore level components.  Cheaper and much better quality than entry level 1x12.

I haven't, but I'm definitely going to consider it... Thank you 

On 10/4/2021 at 11:41 PM, Rolf Hansen said:

The Reflex 29 (I assume you are referring to the Avalanche)  is also an entry level bike and I would have been surprised if it was significantly if any better than your Apex. We were once following a guy on one riding a tame trail at Big Red Barn and he turned his front wheel into a taco when he hit a 3cm high tree stump hidden in the grass.

The Silverback Stride can be had in several flavours but the most basic of these is also not much better than the Apex. 

A have a friend with an Apex A900 and he has done several trails with it without issue and he loves it. 

It is great that you are enjoying the bike. Any bike can be enjoyed especially if you spend time on maintaining it and setting it up correctly.

I was about to buy a frame from Cycle Lab (Stride), now they want to sell me the frame without the RD hanger...(told me last night they dont have the hanger..supposed to go this morning to collect the frame, this has been arranged for a week now and the frame saga is over two weeks ongoing...lol!)

They havent been able to get a hanger for two weeks now...Frame not much use to me without the hanger...
Can't even get the headset specs right.....

I'd give 'Silverback a miss if this is the support level....

Edited by Mojoman