Unfit and slow Pretoria

Hipponabike

I am looking to join a MTB group for a Saturday ride around Pretoria. Distance should be around 25 km and speed of about 15km.

Nothing serious, just a fun relaxing ride

Maybe instead of a group try out Big Red Barn and do a few trails there. Generally group rides are going to be longer than 15K's

Maybe instead of a group try out Big Red Barn and do a few trails there. Generally group rides are going to be longer than 15K's

Thank you, I will give them a try this weekend. It's actually 25 km at a speed of about 15km/ph

Thank you, I will give them a try this weekend. It's actually 25 km at a speed of about 15km/ph

Sorry typo error

Jip, Pembi group will be a good start.
Also, hook up with one or two bike shop rides.  You have LCC that has regular interactions and a good whatssapp communication based info and rides.

Single track cycles used to have a ride or two during the week as well as Hotspot Cycles (back in the day.........don't know if they are still active)

Same goes for Cyclelab that also has a ride here and there.

For now under COVID jail conditions I suppose you cannot "organise" something so rather stick to bike parks for now if you like the "group" ride thing.  Cowshed, Rosemary Hill and Tierpoort Adeventure Farm out in the East are great parks to ride routes and get fit on.

Rosemary Hill is super well marked and you can easily do that 30km if you can ride a 25km at 15km/h. Nice single track throughout. 

Red Barn has a 22km that is super easy to keep a 15km/h on and still have a ton of fun. Easy to add more if you do some loops on certain sections.