2017 merida big nine xt edition.

Ginabiggs

Hi all. So following up on my last post regarding getting into the beautiful sport of MTb i have come across o merida big nine xt edition 2017 would you consider that being a decent bike to start with and what would the sale price be morw or less. I should add the bike is in absolutely great condition and has about 1400km done on it

Thnks for all the feedback in the last thread.. Happy biking

Hi all. So following up on my last post regarding getting into the beautiful sport of MTb i have come across o merida big nine xt edition 2017 would you consider that being a decent bike to start with and what would the sale price be morw or less. I should add the bike is in absolutely great condition and has about 1400km done on it

Thnks for all the feedback in the last thread.. Happy biking

Merida is a solid good value for money brand, XT Shimano is a good level performance component range... although the brakes are usually something slightly lower. They came with a Rockshox 30 shock if I'm not mistaken, which is a solid, if not spectacular front fork. The wheels quite possibly generic alex rims or something along those lines... but if they have been looked after, they should last a fair while. It's always a good item to upgrade down the line though. 

If the bike is in good condition that's a nice bonus, bike prices have skyrocketed the last few years, so we're not getting a lot of bike for our bucks...

Price wise if you're paying around R10/11k for this you're doing well I reckon

Pics will help everyone advise you better too... 

Good luck and welcome to the sport

Merida is a solid good value for money brand, XT Shimano is a good level performance component range... although the brakes are usually something slightly lower. They came with a Rockshox 30 shock if I'm not mistaken, which is a solid, if not spectacular front fork. The wheels quite possibly generic alex rims or something along those lines... but if they have been looked after, they should last a fair while. It's always a good item to upgrade down the line though. 

If the bike is in good condition that's a nice bonus, bike prices have skyrocketed the last few years, so we're not getting a lot of bike for our bucks...

Price wise if you're paying around R10/11k for this you're doing well I reckon

Pics will help everyone advise you better too... 

Good luck and welcome to the sport

What he said.

I wanted to buy the 2020 XT model.  If I remember correctly, the reason I did not buy it, was the fact that the frame is non boost, 135mm rear axle. 

I settled for the Big Nine Lite model, which is boost.

I wanted to buy the 2020 XT model.  If I remember correctly, the reason I did not buy it, was the fact that the frame is non boost, 135mm rear axle. 

I settled for the Big Nine Lite model, which is boost.

what does boost and non boost mean, seen this made reference to alot

I use the Merida Big-7 XT-Edition as a commuter.  A friend has the 2017 Big-9, we have done many trails together.

GOOD bang for your buck !!

Frankly the Boost wont make any difference to your riding.... if anything, this is just a handy bargaining tool for you.