Trailers: Where to start?

breaker

Does this provide a bit more space between the bikes ?

Four bikes in line with the trailer may get super cramped to still fit on the trailer lid ...

You're 100%. The roof rack on those trailers is only 1m wide. You could go custom and widen the rack at a trailer builder, shouldn't be tooooo expensive but it's really the only option for a four bike, at least, 4 modern mountain bikes.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would reckon new rather. Far less hassles and you get a warrenty.

No papers is definitely a no no. Trailer might be stolen.

The rack that I sourced will fit perfectly in line with the trailer, just need to drill 2 additional bolts and widen the racks tracks, apparently my 2.5's a tad bit too wide for it. Once its done I'll pop some picks here.

Thanx for the feedback everyone, managed to get a good looking camp master roadster 310. Looking at getting the bike rack sorted for it. Originally I was going to source another 2 bike holdfast rack as I have one that I use now and make some sort of adaptation so that the one 2 rack is fixed and the other can be removed. However I stumbled onto a 4 bike rack for this trailer, the only thing I noticed is that the bikes are mounted perpendicular to the trailer/car instead of inline with it if that makes sense. Is this going to be as big of an issue? I know its mounted exactly the same on the normal bike rack but that is behind the car and this would be a little more exposed sitting on top of the trailer?

to much wind resistance, dont do it.