Five Ten shoes

Markrose88

5.10's in SA is like searching for a Unicorn! In the end had family bring me a pair from CRC.

Leatt shoes are a fairly good, available and more affordable option locally

A friend of mine has a pair leatt shoes and he loves them. Rates them quite high, as he normally only uses 510's. Also have a look at the giro shoes.

Anybody tried Etnies Marana Cranks? How does it compare to five tens? Considering buying a pair as it's on sale for R999. YouTube reviews looks quite good.

Anybody tried Etnies Marana Cranks? How does it compare to five tens? Considering buying a pair as it's on sale for R999. YouTube reviews looks quite good.

From?

Outdoorescape.co.za

Thanks so much. At that price it’s worth taking the risk and if they aren’t that great on the bike then they become a good looking pair of sneakers.

Adidas pulled the plug on the local importers of Five Ten with no intention of ever doing (or even supporting) the brand in future, this is why they are so hard to find in SA....

You would either have to import these from overseas, or look at any one of the many other brands available in SA now

Looks like a good shoe. Cant see anything wrong with it. Even the specs say its reinforced

Features:

• Pro Foam 1 insole
  • STI Evolution® Foam midsole
  • Durable outsole made with a Michelin performance rubber compound
  • Michelin tire tread
  • Reinforced shank in midsole for stiffness
  • Fused on, injected rubber toe cap
  • 3M™ Thinsulate™ and Scotchgard™
Edited by Eddy Gordo

Right now I'm trying to decide between 2FO, RC, or Bontrager. 

I love my 5.10s and I am very displeased with Adidas did here. They also messed around with the fit and sizing of the new shoes so importing becomes a risk. Some say they are true to size and some say they run small. I just can't risk spending close to R3k for a pair of shoes that wont fit properly. 

I managed to order a new pair of five tens from wiggle, wiggle it just a little bit.....same size as my current old ones, and the are perfect, exact same fit. That was on a less 45% special at that time for uk11, guess i was just lucky. Ended up paying duties and so on, landed cost was 2k if i am not mistaken. I do however see, and feel, that the soles are not as hard, but very grippy. I tested leats and there sole seems way stiffer. Ride concepts will also be stiffer.   

Right now I'm trying to decide between 2FO, RC, or Bontrager.

I love my 5.10s and I am very displeased with Adidas did here. They also messed around with the fit and sizing of the new shoes so importing becomes a risk. Some say they are true to size and some say they run small. I just can't risk spending close to R3k for a pair of shoes that wont fit properly.

Bought these in the uk. Same size as my normal shoe and fits perfectly.

Have been stored in our boxes . Wore them once as casual shoes and found them to stiff & uncomfortable.

But sizing does seem spot on.

post-51529-0-60177500-1602581760_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pikey