Tankwa Trek 2021 still happening?

Gunston

I spoke to someone today that said with out races being entered for there is no incentive to train so they don't.

I believe the organizers know this and keep the carrot out there.

Many people find it better to motivate themselves with a race as a goal. My wife is like that. She needs the confirmed entry to get into gear.

People that can work with uncertainty and make plans on the fly will thrive in the next year or so. We can't really bargain on certainty with big events while covid is surging up and down.

My strategy for the future is to pick an event, circle it on the calender and then pick up an entry closer to the time. It helps that I steer clear of over subscribed events.

But that works with one day events, for the multi days like Tankwa there is too many other admin that needs to be sorted as well.

i doubt very much the organisers care about participant fitness... it's more about the green in their pockets. i suspect it's more a 'hit and hope'

If it was more about the green, there are other industries to feed that.

I think for the most part it's about ensuring the survival of the event, which has far more reaching ramifications than just green in pockets.