Recovered Stolen Bicycles

-Az-

I understand form a Spaz dealer (Not the Cycles Direct store) that they have had instances like this before and a stolen bike was also recovered in this manner through them.

Wondering about the potential in the user phone app to find stolen ebikes ...

The Giant app requires the phone location to be on if you want to check the bike and battery stats. Noting both the battery and motor have unique digital ID's.

Now if that log is stored in a clowd .... the manufacturer can trace the bike location.

Jip, privacy vs security .... but there must be a way to use the technology to get our stuff back, faster than waiting for it to possibly be picked up during a service ...

Edited by ChrisF

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same guys from Crown. White vw transporter. If one of the persons had long hair or was a female then its definitely the same people.

Glad they got nabbed.

And yet .... who walks into a Spez dealer and buys 8 e.bike chargers ....

Same, who buys an ebike without a charger ....

And with all the electronic ID details in these ebikes ..... Spez CAN trace these units when the next owner brings it in for a service !

We really need the dealers to expose a few buyers of these stolen goods .... sadly it is bargain hunters that keep this theft industry going ....

You mean the same way Vodacom knows where stolen cellphones go, where Garmin knows where stolen watches go?

Theft is good for companies who sell stuff, unfortunately, so they don't bother.

You mean the same way Vodacom knows where stolen cellphones go, where Garmin knows where stolen watches go?

Theft is good for companies who sell stuff, unfortunately, so they don't bother.

In SA crime does pay handsomely :whistling: