New dad Hunter is excused

Jackes

Brest, France - South African cyclist Robert Hunter, who rides for Barloworld, has been given special permission by Tour de France doping controllers to leave the race and go and see his wife and new baby.

Hunter, who won his first stage on the race last year, passed a pre-race doping control on Thursday but after hearing his wife Claudia had given birth to a baby girl he was desperate to fly back to Switzerland.

Normally, riders are not allowed to leave the race at such a late stage however given the circumstances the French National Anti-Doping body (AFLD) decided to make an exception.

Is hierdier per toeval of good planning ?   LOL

Isn't it normal to nowadays actually know more or less when your wife would pop a baby?

What did RH think? Perhaps his wife would "hold on" for another month until the TdF was finished?Thumbs%20Down

I see some bad stuff happening with Hunter at the tour, just a hunch I get from this, dont think he will but you never know

I would think for RH own interest he should not take the organisers up on their offer ... what if RH does actually very well in the tour this year; there will be the suspicion from the other riders.

I see some bad stuff happening with Hunter at the tour' date=' just a hunch I get from this, dont think he will but you never know[/quote']

As long as he does'nt smack anyone in the pelaton and David George stays away from France he will be okay.

Maybe its just me, but I would have excused myself from the event and stayed at home with my wife and baby.

I dont think anybody would have complained about that decision.

When my little girl was born it was one of the most awe inspiring,god fearing, humbleing and gratious experiences of my life, I wouldnt have missed it for anything materialistic.

The tour will still be here in 20 years time, but moments like that only come once in a liftime.

Bunch of idiots. Get a life.

Care to elaborate on this rather dull comment? What's your definition of "idiot" and "life"?

Care to elaborate on this rather dull comment? What's your definition of "idiot" and "life"?

He probably means that babies and things like that get in the way of his cycling.

and soler was in colombia' date=' wasnt that where rasmussen claimed to be last year?Wink

[/quote']

No. Rasmussen claimed to be in Mexico with his wife, doing high altitude training in prep for the TdF. But he was in fact in Italy where he was recognised by a cycling journalist, riding in some mountains somewhere. This news got to the ears of his management just before the tour started or during, and his managment started to shxt themselves when they saw he was on the verge of winning the tour and were faced with dealing with the fallout after it came out he had been lying about his location. So they pulled the plug on the guy after that amazing ride up the mountain stage. 

Dude as far as I can see you are quite new to the hub....

Dont start to make enemies now..... you might regret it later.....

first get to know most of the people here before you just call them idiots.....

And has anyone told you lately that its rude to call people names.....

a hubber called the flying scot, named for a failed trackie who tried to take his life a number of times, telling people to get a life. how ironic.

a quote from rh:

"I have never felt so proud and humble at the same time," said the 31-year-old Hunter, who will return to Brest on Friday morning. "It will give me a huge boost for the Tour."