Best Tyre Insert Protection?

Bjorn881

I'm looking for feedback on peoples experiences with the various brands of MTB tyre inserts such as Csixx Foamo, Vittoria Airliner, CushCore etc! I'm looking for feedback mainly on the added rim protection especially the cost vs benefit as some inserts cost more than a tyre, as well as how it adjusted the feel of the ride! I'm planning on using the inserts for Enduro riding!

Only used 2. Cushcore and FOAMO

FOAMO - sucks up your sealant after a while, adds no real protection, and adds no sidewall stability.

Cuschore - love it. Adds massive sidewall stability at low pressure, propper rim protection - there is no way you'll burp a tyre with cushcore in it, and doesn't interfere with your sealant. It is a pain to install the first time, but once you get the hang of how to do it, it goes fast. It's expensive, but worth it for me. I just use it on my rear wheel.

Cushcore or airliner.

Schwalbe Pro core is great but can be punctured but install is easy and degree of run flat can be tuned by changing air pressure

Haven't used it, but Tannus also looks like a decent option. Not sure if it's even available locally.