Play “Identify the headset type on Cannondale”

Still trying my hand for my very first build project. Converting a 2010 Cannondale Trail F4 SL MTB to a “gravel bike”. Think its more like trying to get it the same as my Giant ATX 760 in the 90’s with a rigid fork. Anyway, I digressed. Need to get reducer cups or new headset to be able to fit new fork (1.5” to tapered or 1 1/8).  Was thinking Cane Creek 40something

Done the research: asking to confirm that I got the type right please?

What type of headset is it?

There are three types of headset, IS (Integrated System), EC (External Cup) and ZS (Zero Stack).

• Integrated headsets have the bearing cups pre-built into the head tube. You simply drop the bearings in and you're away (This isn't the Cannondale Trail SL).
  • External cup headsets are pressed into the frame (commonly also known as press-fit headsets) and the bearings sit outside of the frame.
  • Zero stack headsets are the half-way house. They are pressed into the frame and the bearing is generally within the frame too.

From the images of my bike I would say Zero Stack. That right? Thanks!

I was in a similar boat years ago to convert a Morewood 1.5" to 1 1/8th". Ended up going with a Hope headset that lasted pretty much forever. 

Get in touch with the guys at www.custombikes.co.za and see what they can recommend.