Roof Rack Maximum Weight Limits

Mountain Bru

30 minutes ago, Zebra said:

I have one; well not 4-Motion, but LWB, 2nd row seats removable, with Barn Doors, quite literally one of the most practical vehicles I have ever owned.

Whats the story with the barn doors? Are there specific models or years that came with them, or is it just an option that someone chose when the specced the car? In my mind, they're way more practical than such a long boot lid that needs 2m of space to open

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Whats the story with the barn doors? Are there specific models or years that came with them, or is it just an option that someone chose when the specced the car? In my mind, they're way more practical than such a long boot lid that needs 2m of space to open

It is an option.

Riaan specifically wanted the side swing doors ... 

Barn doors have many advantages - if opening the other type of swing up door under cover, the door can rub on/rest against a lowish garage ceiling, or whatever, whereas no problem with Barn Doors, Barn doors also allow you to open just the ONE door, to say put a bike inside.

Finally, the doors are 'crack-back' (my name for them) - meaning the open in line with the vehicle, and then can open butterfly-style, which saves walking AROUND the edge of a door when loading from th side, etc.