New Rear Rim

thebob

Hi All

I smooshed the stock rim on my bike over the weekend, so am looking to get a new one. This will be for my Pyga Hyrax, so I'm looking for rims that prioritise durability over weight. I’ll be doing the Gauteng Enduro series (maybe even the SA Champs at Iron Throne) and they’ll see use at Wolwespruit as well.

So far the DT EX 511 and WTB KOM Tough i30 are the ones that I can get hold of and that match my 32 hole hubs. Looking for thoughts as to which ones would be the better bet before pushing the buy button. Leaning towards the DT Swiss though

Edited by thebob

17 hours ago, thebob said:

Hi All

I smooshed the stock rim on my bike over the weekend, so am looking to get a new one. This will be for my Pyga Hyrax, so I'm looking for rims that prioritise durability over weight. I’ll be doing the Gauteng Enduro series (maybe even the SA Champs at Iron Throne) and they’ll see use at Wolwespruit as well.

So far the DT EX 511 and WTB KOM Tough i30 are the ones that I can get hold of and that match my 32 hole hubs. Looking for thoughts as to which ones would be the better bet before pushing the buy button. Leaning towards the DT Swiss though

I’d go for the dt option

17 hours ago, thebob said:

Hi All

I am a heavy rider. That means I am hard on my hardtail. My Crests did not last 3 years, but the WTB KOM 30i are great. I had mine built by the Wheelbuilder. Solid man, solid

On 9/13/2021 at 11:31 AM, Two-Stroke said:

Which rim did you smoosh?  Was it the Lyne Amp Carbon wheelset you bough recently?

Was the Deed rim on my Pyga Hyrax. Seems they are pretty soft!