Cape Town - Noordhoek to Stellenbosch

MarkDG

Hi All

I'm coming to Cape Town from the 3rd to the 7th Nov. I am preparing for Ironman South Africa. As part of my training, I have a 4hr cycle on Saturday the 6th. On Friday night, I will be staying over in Noordhoek (not 100% sure exactly where). Due to the circumstances, I'm not too worried if I don't do the full 4 hours. I need to be in Stellenbosch on Saturday and was wondering if anyone could recommend a safe route (TT Bike friendly) / share a Garmin route that I can upload into my bike computer riding from Noordhoek to Stellenbosch University. For now, I would not be too concerned with specific locations in each area. 

Anyone's recommendations and assistance in this regard would appreciated. 

Mark

I'd imagine you'd want to go North, maybe as high as Melkbos, but I don't know the roads well enough to make a recommendation.
I would also suggest giving distance and not time. Is 4 hours 100km or 150km?

I’d go around Hout Bay, to Pinelands, towards Bellville, Brackenfell, Stellenbosch. Will look for gpx file on strava. 

17 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I'd imagine you'd want to go North, maybe as high as Melkbos, but I don't know the roads well enough to make a recommendation.
I would also suggest giving distance and not time. Is 4 hours 100km or 150km?

Thank you bleedToWin, probably around 100k's

3 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

I’d go around Hout Bay, to Pinelands, towards Bellville, Brackenfell, Stellenbosch. Will look for gpx file on strava. 

Thank you gemmerbal, sounds like a awesome route. Appreciate it

8 minutes ago, MarkDG said:

Thank you gemmerbal, sounds like a awesome route. Appreciate it

cool beans! from Brackenfell you can go either down Bottelary Rd over Devonvalley (in order to avoid Kayamandi) or you can go towards Polkadraai and enter Stb from that side. I'd do the latter, very nice road and very busy with fellow cyclists. I've made a route for you on Komoot...

image.png.19bf2a291a2f978c3f7b074438f291ab.png

image.png

2021-09-08_481643184_Morning Ride.gpx

2 minutes ago, gemmerbal said:

cool beans! from Brackenfell you can go either down Bottelary Rd over Devonvalley (in order to avoid Kayamandi) or you can go towards Polkadraai and enter Stb from that side. I'd do the latter, very nice road and very busy with fellow cyclists. I've made a route for you on Komoot...

image.png.19bf2a291a2f978c3f7b074438f291ab.png

image.png

2021-09-08_481643184_Morning Ride.gpx 468.47 kB · 0 downloads

That is so awesome, thank you so so much gemmerbal