Engen2Engen

MatBlack

Hi all,

Pre covid i used to do a the engen2engen ride starting at the intersection of main and william nicol. Does anyone know if this ride is still going, has the route changed and what speeds are being ridden on which days.

Thank you in advance.

Hey,

Yes they are still happening. They leave at 4:55 sharp from the centre on Grosvenor and William Nicol. It’s about 45km at an average of 30-33km/h. Very strong bunch of riders! I think every day from Tuesday to Friday but Friday is chilled. 

5 hours ago, jcza said:

Start at Engen on Main Road 

https://goo.gl/maps/QJGQBjqZTwS8dSwx8

Thanks JCZA, so nothing has changed? Is the route still the same...head out on main towards Linden, go past the gardens through greenside, past the zoo, around rosebank, down sandton drive and back onto william nicol

We're part of a much slower/casual group that ride from Seattle Grosvenor Crossing at 5am and then grab a coffee afterwards 23-27km/h

1 hour ago, MatBlack said:

Thanks JCZA, so nothing has changed? Is the route still the same...head out on main towards Linden, go past the gardens through greenside, past the zoo, around rosebank, down sandton drive and back onto william nicol

Nothing has changed, group just smaller these days 

1 hour ago, ACE Cycles said:

We're part of a much slower/casual group that ride from Seattle Grosvenor Crossing at 5am and then grab a coffee afterwards 23-27km/h

Thanks for the heads up...i might join you one of these days

1 hour ago, MatBlack said:

Thanks for the heads up...i might join you one of these days

Lekker, drop me a whatsapp anytime