Shoe repair

Mikaeel1198

Hi Hubbers, is there anyone out there does or knows of someone who does cycling shoe repairs? 

had a crash and scuffed my one shoe which are only a few months old

TIA

I dont know were you situated but most areas have a corner shoe maker looking for work that they desperately need . I have a many crashes and ended up with scuffs , torn Velcro straps and even a hole in the side of one shoe . For anything from R20 to R100 i had them repaired . Gloves have also been repaired by him . Saves a fortune .  

Have a look on YouTube and go the DIY route. Its waaaay more fun.You might have to buy a leather repair kit. My carbon road shoes cracked when I t-boned a car that came out of a side road without stopping and he parked across my toes....

Not perfect but I'm proud of my first bit of carbon work...

Before/After pics attached.

PhotoCollage1632491019578.jpg

If you're in Cape Town, I can recommend Durasole based in Wynberg.  http://www.durasole.co.za/

Cost just over R400 to patch up both shoes as per pics. Probably not the cheapest but their work is excellent in my experience.

They were widely recommended by fellow hubbers. Before and after pics below. 

20210705_051450.jpg

20210720_110204.jpg

Edited by WKNDWRRR