Wildevy Reverse Sat 13 (137km)

DIPSLICK

On 11/12/2021 at 3:37 PM, DIPSLICK said:

Stopped at venue, considering registration is at 5 tomorrow, not much going on, the one page of info says “through informal settlement  try stay in groups and be vigilant “

asked Chantal per email, approx how many riders will be riding

no reply, pulling from here in small numbers seems now like a crazy idea????????

Did you ride? ... Very lekker gravel route and something different for a day out. The loop is very similar to the one Advendurance hosted informally ahead of Race to the Sun. Ridden it a few times now. 

The settlement and tar road past it is no issue, no more than a couple hundred meters to access the next section. The people are super cool, just pay attention to potential traffic and lorries for the quarry nearby.

I didnt ride we drove through, I was alone with me  not knowing the area and the fact that there were only 70 riders, I figured over 134km I would be man alone in Brits, I heard as you said it was chilled, maybe if my partner rode I would have rode, its a pity weekend wasted, Next time I know

Very enjoyable ride!  (Even though the temps reached ~42 C)

(Not sure about the possible 'issues' that were mentioned?  Being friendly with everyone got reflected with the same :)

Will def do this one again.

Edited by Pieter-za

Was indeed a very enjoyable ride. At no point did I feel unsafe, we were 4 friends cycling together though. That last 34km was just hectic in the heat, it really drained me. Will be back for sure!

Very enjoyable ride, we ( a group of 7 ) did it earlier in the year and I prefer the reverse route since you get the 15 km sandy / corrugated section over with after the first waterpoint instead of at the end when you hot and tired. No issues whatsoever, this route is also longer at 143 km and even though its flat you work hard 

Edited by coppi

26 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

so 30 plus

Piet Laubscher was 1St and he managed 27.25km/h ( I doubt he stopped much )..........he is a machine and came in 8th overall at the Munga in December 2020 !

Edited by coppi