Garmin HR strap battery life

The Ouzo

What are you getting out of your Garmin HR straps in terms of battery life.

I've recorded 292 hours of activity on my current battery, given that it started giving me strange readings on yesterdays ride already lets then call it 290 hours.

Garmin states around 300 hours. If you take the fact that the hours I've recorded are activities and that there is more than likely a period before and after each recording where the strap is active I'd say my current battery has done well.

Picked up a new battery earlier which I will install tonight in anticipation for tomorrow mornings ride.

Garmin measures it in Km, as it's gear.
I've put three new batteries in and the strap still doesn't work, so need to take it to SWH to get checked out before going the Garmin Rosebank route.
55-60 activities was fairly consistent between the two. 
Distance is quite different across the two, although the first one was the original, so makes sense that it got more mileage.
image.png.db770c4473ebb5e1547d1cf3b6007b86.png

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I've put three new batteries in and the strap still doesn't work, so need to take it to SWH to get checked out before going the Garmin Rosebank route.
Distance is quite different across the two, although the first one was the original, so makes sense that it got more mileage.

Try taking print outs with, showing a correct HR, another showing the incorrect HR.

I did that when my FR35 acted up.

Once they (SWH) saw the printouts they pulled out the file and booked it in to Garmin.  3 weeks later I had a new unit.

Just wondering if they will book in the strap without the computer .... unless you can show it works with another strap, but not with yours.

12 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Try taking print outs with, showing a correct HR, another showing the incorrect HR.

I did that when my FR35 acted up.

Once they (SWH) saw the printouts they pulled out the file and booked it in to Garmin.  3 weeks later I had a new unit.

Just wondering if they will book in the strap without the computer .... unless you can show it works with another strap, but not with yours.

Thanks, it (HRM-TRI) just doesn’t work, period.

I do have my old strap from the 310XT, but needs a new strap (elastic).

Am thinking of getting the Polar H10 for the HRV readings.

Edited by Frosty

49 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I’ve got it as a component on ProBikeGarage

ABA7F1A9-C140-40E5-A54C-3EA5B0168D2D.png.189fb714c62549a36135b09bcc4cf351.png

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Thanks, it (HRM-TRI) just doesn’t work, period.

I do have my old strap from the 310XT, but needs a new strap (elastic).

Am thinking of getting the Polar H10 for the HRV readings.

I find them not to last at all. I'm on my 3rd strap and HRM in 3 years. My Garmin 520 is still perfect, but the straps are really shittty. I took it to Garmin HQ and they replaced the battery that I had already replaced, but to no avail. Ended up buying another unit

8 hours ago, King_Crispy said:

I find them not to last at all. I'm on my 3rd strap and HRM in 3 years. My Garmin 520 is still perfect, but the straps are really shittty. I took it to Garmin HQ and they replaced the battery that I had already replaced, but to no avail. Ended up buying another unit

I'm still using the HR strap from my Garmin Edge that I got 10+ years ago.

Edge® 705 4

The one I got with my Edge 130 did not last very long, seems that they do not make it like they used to. It physically broke where you open up the screws to get to the battery. I then went back to the one from the Edge 705.

1 hour ago, Jaco Steyn said:

Edge® 705 4

The one I got with my Edge 130 did not last very long, seems that they do not make it like they used to. It physically broke where you open up the screws to get to the battery. I then went back to the one from the Edge 705.

I'm still using the strap I got with my Edge 130 in 2018. Still works 100% although recently the elastic has started coming apart near the sensors, so its probably time for a replacement.

2 hours ago, Jaco Steyn said:

Edge® 705 4

+1 on the older generation, bullet proof. My wife have the newer gen with bluetooth and battery life is less than the old gen.

6 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

mine also seems to last for what seems like ages!

The reason I added it as a component on ProBikeGarage when I previously changed the battery was that I felt, in my head, that the first battery did not last all that long. However, if I go back through my stats and add up the time from all my activities before I changed the battery it would appear the first battery gave me around 250hours which is also pretty fair.

Problem solved!

I bought another 4-pack of CR2032 cells, and my 735XT picked it up immediately.

Strange thing is both my 4iiii PMs shows 100% on the original pack of 4 cells, while it’s completely dead in the HRM.