Shimano Boost Confusion

peter85

Hi,

I am a bit perplexed by the new 1x12 speed shimano cranksets and chainrings when is come to boost and hoping someone can help clear things up for me.    SRAM have 3mm (Boost) and 6mm (Non boost) offset chainrings, but it seems like Shimano don't have this concept, well as far as I can tell that is... 😁

Crank: https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/slx-m7100/FC-M7100-1.html  - I see this is for a 52mm chainline,  which is "boost" right.

Chainring: https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/slx-m7100/SM-CRM75.html - This does not indicate any offset?

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but though i would ask :)

Thanks in advance!

14 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

image.png.2b7e03a45ec97f194580ee1f5e5006b5.png

I remember watching a vid on this. Found it and just screen grabbed.

Hope it helps

Thanks it does position it better for me.  So would they all use the same chainring?

23 minutes ago, peter85 said:

Thanks it does position it better for me.  So would they all use the same chainring?

Yes. As far as i remember the shimano 12spd direct mount chainrings are all 3mm ish offset.

17 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Yes. As far as i remember the shimano 12spd direct mount chainrings are all 3mm ish offset.

Cool thanks. So not as black and white as SRAM :)

27 minutes ago, peter85 said:

Cool thanks. So not as black and white as SRAM :)

Only difference is that with Shimano you need to buy a new crank to change the offset, where with SRAM you only need to change the chainring.

2 hours ago, droo said:

Only difference is that with Shimano you need to buy a new crank to change the offset, where with SRAM you only need to change the chainring.

Lies😅. Garbaruk makes them in all the offsets for shimano too. 

9B11EAE0-D716-44CE-B687-7B37AF562596.jpeg

70E1C0FA-4523-430E-A4D2-0AE042B24D2F.jpeg