Mtb Trail Shirts

Spafsack

Hi guys, i am looking for short sleeve trail shirts for those chilled rides where i don't want to zip up. I have scoured the web, i see Vye has one or two, trailtech, buycyle, bike addict etc...but almost all are out of stock. The Leatt ones i see look awesome, nice cut, v neck, not overly long sleeves, basically like a good sport shirt, cool graphics and the rubber sticky on the back bottom area so it does not creep up, well, that's what i gather. Are the trail shirts normal or tight fit, or do they differ? I am looking for a normal fit. I will keep on googling and see who has what, bit difficult to order clothes like this but so many bike shops don't have stock, stock is still a massive issue across the product range board. 

I am 1.87m, 34 waist, your average Jo 😉 So i gather i could look at a Large?

I found a bunch i liked on bike addict, emailed them to ask whether sizes are in stock, will see if they reply Monday.

Any advise on where to look, what to order. As long as they are lightweight, cool, standard fit, then i recon i should be fine.

When I tried on the Leatt shirts I found them really tight and I'm a pretty small guy.

Please save yourself the agony and avoid Bike Addict. Unless you can go into the shop, it's just not worth buying from then online.

Communication and turn around times on orders is abysmal.

Have some Fox ones and the fit is great 

ION is also really good. Just a tad expensive. 

Ciovita is a great quality as well and a good fit. 

Alpinestars also great fit. 

Troy Lee Designs is too tight around the neck. 

17 minutes ago, Trashy said:

When I tried on the Leatt shirts I found them really tight and I'm a pretty small guy.

Please save yourself the agony and avoid Bike Addict. Unless you can go into the shop, it's just not worth buying from then online.

And dont drive to Malmesbury just because something is on their online store .... physical in store stock is a fraction of their web list

1 hour ago, Spafsack said:

Hi guys, i am looking for short sleeve trail shirts for those chilled rides where i don't want to zip up. I have scoured the web, i see Vye has one or two, trailtech, buycyle, bike addict etc...but almost all are out of stock. The Leatt ones i see look awesome, nice cut, v neck, not overly long sleeves, basically like a good sport shirt, cool graphics and the rubber sticky on the back bottom area so it does not creep up, well, that's what i gather. Are the trail shirts normal or tight fit, or do they differ? I am looking for a normal fit. I will keep on googling and see who has what, bit difficult to order clothes like this but so many bike shops don't have stock, stock is still a massive issue across the product range board. 

I am 1.87m, 34 waist, your average Jo 😉 So i gather i could look at a Large?

I found a bunch i liked on bike addict, emailed them to ask whether sizes are in stock, will see if they reply Monday.

Any advise on where to look, what to order. As long as they are lightweight, cool, standard fit, then i recon i should be fine.

I have 4 different versions of this;

https://enjoy.cc/product/blitz-reptilia-trail-tee/

The 2 little pockets are awesome, the fabric is light and the quality is fantastic.

Hands down the best value for money, quality trail shirt I own

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

The FOX Defend shirts are quite nice, and also the Ciovita trail shirts are pretty nice 

Thanx Chad, forgot to add, must have a pack pocket, I use that all the time. 

41 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Thanx bud, this is what I need to hear.

21 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

The 2 little pockets are awesome, the fabric is light and the quality is fantastic.

Shot bud, enjoy really do make awesome stuff, wish I was in CPT, but I see they have some sort of free returns, thanx man.

23 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

G, can you fit a cellphone in the back of these or are those two pockets not really meant for that?

18 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

G, can you fit a cellphone in the back of these or are those two pockets not really meant for that?

You definitely can ja. I have a decent size phone and it goes in snug and secure.

43 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Thanx Chad, forgot to add, must have a pack pocket, I use that all the time. 

Ciovita has a zipped pocket on the back you can fit a phone in

For winter i have found Fox and Shift MX tops make great mtb tops to go over your riding top. obviously you can't get to the pockets but i just stop :)

And they are very very good value for money.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

looks really good...how is the sizing?

I am 1.78cm with 100cm chest size, 72kg

If you looking for enjoy kit, Mellow Velo in Broadacres, GP has some of their kit (have seen some of their bibs and normal zipped shirts there). 

They may have some of the trail tees there.