Buying a bike on bike hub

craig@craigr.co.za

Hi I have just registered with bike hub and there is a bike trainer I am interested in. How does the process work and is it safe? I liven Dbn and the seller in JHB!

Welcome to the community.

This is quite likely the safest classifieds platform in the country.

Most sellers these days provide the option to use BikehubPay. You can read how it works here: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/bike-hub-pay

It provides you with peace of mind that the item will be as advertised.

Looking at the seller's rating will also give you an indication of what it is like to deal with them.

Good luck.

I have bought a few bikes from places that i dont live in via Bikehub.

If you want to be 💯 safe, then use bikehub pay...but you pay a little extra for this

The best thing to gauge risk is to look at the profile of the potential buyer - have they been on the bikehub for long and do they have a good rating?  Also talk to them and get some extra pics so that you can gauge the bikes condition...a good seller should send you pics and answer your questions and over communicate the condition of the bike.

Once you are happy then find out where the nearest bike shop is to the seller. You can then call the bikeshop and ask them to box the bike and the seller drops off the bike for you (some sellers will do this boxing for you). Most bikeshops will do this with no issue.

And lastly you can organise a courier - the courier guy is quite good. They pick up from the bikeshop and deliver to you

You can expect about 1200 for boxing cost and shipping cost.

34 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Welcome to the community.

This is quite likely the safest classifieds platform in the country.

Most sellers these days provide the option to use BikehubPay. You can read how it works here: https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/bike-hub-pay

It provides you with peace of mind that the item will be as advertised.

Looking at the seller's rating will also give you an indication of what it is like to deal with them.

Good luck.

Thank you very much!

21 minutes ago, JulienR said:

If you want to be 💯 safe, then use bikehub pay...but you pay a little extra for this

The best thing to gauge risk is to look at the profile of the potential buyer - have they been on the bikehub for long and do they have a good rating?  Also talk to them and get some extra pics so that you can gauge the bikes condition...a good seller should send you pics and answer your questions and over communicate the condition of the bike.

Once you are happy then find out where the nearest bike shop is to the seller. You can then call the bikeshop and ask them to box the bike and the seller drops off the bike for you (some sellers will do this boxing for you). Most bikeshops will do this with no issue.

And lastly you can organise a courier - the courier guy is quite good. They pick up from the bikeshop and deliver to you

🤙🤙

3 hours ago, JulienR said:

Like Graig said .All good advice .I have bought plenty here .Speak to the seller in person .Preferable the owner and ask leading questions like technical stuff and the shop where it was serviced . Good equipment in good condition deserve good prices , but there are always the few bad apples and unrealistic sellers . Ask on the forums for advice if needed .Some hubbers can sniff out a Russian in a Ukrainian uniform from here