NinetyOne-songo-Specialized race into Orange

News bot

The CM.com Women’s category racing on Stage 1 of the Absa Cape Epic was like a ding-dong football match where both teams forget to defend, so frequently did the lead change hands on the day. After a thrilling day on the trails, NinetyOne-songo-Specialized (Sofía Gómez Villafane and Haley Batten) claimed the stage and moved into […]

View full article

When Nate Pearson from TrainerRoad entered the Epic with Sofia Gomez Villafane as his partner in 2021, he was way out of his depth. 

There is no way he could ever have matched her on a technical level. 

9 hours ago, J∆kk∆ls said:

When Nate Pearson from TrainerRoad entered the Epic with Sofia Gomez Villafane as his partner in 2021, he was way out of his depth. 

There is no way he could ever have matched her on a technical level. 

Most probably why he pulled out with a concussion. He tried to keep up with her and ran out of talent on singletrack I presume.

I also recall her riding the same times as the leading woman on days, and that was starting in normal batches due to her being a solo rider. So she was just on another level last year. 

I was following Sofia very closely last year on Instagram and she was posting daily race feedback after every stage of Cape Epic on the TR YouTube channel, she mentioned that normally she gets stronger as the days progresses I hope the pace isn't too hard for her to slow down by day, I think we on for some serious battle in the women's category.

9 hours ago, no calves said:

Most probably why he pulled out with a concussion. He tried to keep up with her and ran out of talent on singletrack I presume.

I also recall her riding the same times as the leading woman on days, and that was starting in normal batches due to her being a solo rider. So she was just on another level last year. 

This is why I take everything that Nate says with a grain of salt. As the CEO of TR he should leave the talking to the pro's and coaches. I don't dislike the the guy, but I don't think his voice adds any value to the talks.