Asidlale (Leeuwkop Prison)

JK7

On 12/1/2023 at 1:14 PM, Ashok said:

Cool. I'll most like head out there tomorrow morning. Will be good to support the trails in the northern suburbs, see them grow and improve. 

The guys in Pretoria are seemingly spoilt for choice. 

You won’t be disappointed.

It’s the best spot anywhere in Gauteng to ride IMHO.

It has everything one could ask for, challenging climbs, flowing single track, distance and safety.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ended up going through on Saturday morning. Needs to be run in properly in certain places (feels odd riding ones mountain bike over grass on the golf course bits imo).

The trails that I've been to so far always has someone available to wash your bike after a ride while you cool down over an ice cold beer. I didn't seem to see any of that at Asidlale.

All that said, it's definitely a decent spot for a ride (not so much to hang around afterward) and I do see myself going there on a fairly regular basis, mostly because of its location.

Some of the climbs really had me working overtime.  

Edited by Ashok

It has an excellent jump line and a good Enduro decent as well as so really technical sectors that are brilliant for confident E bike riders. Should be on every riders To Do list. It's also safe for solo riders

On 12/1/2023 at 9:07 AM, Ashok said:

Thanks. Took up the hobby a couple of months ago. Been frequenting The Red Barn in Centurion but in need a change of scenery and something a bit closer to home. 

Especially seeing thats now a war zone.