Amohela 2022 issues

Mattman

I rode day 1 of the "big mountain" which was very challenging. What was more challenging was the intense stomach pain and nausea felt later that evening. I couldn't ride day 2 and noticed that only 116 results were loaded for day 2 compared to 350 odd on day 1. Seems very suspicious - could there have been a bug in the water at the water point? 3 people I know on strava who rode day 1 also didn't upload for day 2...suspicious.

Anyone else that rode have similar issues? 

I rode both days. There seems to be a timing/results issue, as there are no results for anyone after 3H11. I was around 3H15 and my results do not reflect.

There were definitely plenty people riding on Sunday, judging by the size of A & B batch, with still more people arriving after we started.

I however did not use any of the water points.

I think the results issues were also thrown a massive right hook by competitors. Lots of teams that shouldn't count or messed the results around, tandems, 1 on e-bike one on normal bike, people swapping categories, 1 dropping out and the other riding 2nd day, swapping riders for the 2nd day, etc.

I feel for the organizers on this, but other than that it was an enjoyable event, loved the route, waterpoints were good, day 1's banana bread nearly had me doing a second lap to make sure there was none left. It was a good balance of tech but not too much distance. Good value for money, we will be back.

I used the waterpoints and didn't have any issues.

That banana bread was bloody delicious  🤤

I thought the event was super slick. Great route, albeit tough as hell. 

The organization was tops. 

I'll definitely go in a bit fitter next time. It hurt. A lot. 😂

12 minutes ago, svm3000 said:

Hi Dave what was the issue with the Tandem 

no issues at all, just not much clarity on the matter, there was definitely head scratching as to whether they count in the pairs categories or not. Not that it makes any difference, I think any advantage gained on day 2 dirt roads was lost on day 1's tech and there are never enough tandems to be classed on their own at an event like this.

People should stick to the race they entered in... if you cant do it, then notify the organizer

Also if you are riding an e-bike, enter as an e-bike rider!!! Apparently there are some very "fit" riders out there who managed to end off in top spots in categories because they had motorized assistance. 

13 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

People should stick to the race they entered in... if you cant do it, then notify the organizer

Also if you are riding an e-bike, enter as an e-bike rider!!! Apparently there are some very "fit" riders out there who managed to end off in top spots in categories because they had motorized assistance. 

It clearly stated no e-bikes in first 4 batches, obviously it wasn't stated clearly enough though.

That being said it also stated no parking at venue, which most also didn't read.

Edited by dave303e

1 hour ago, King Dean said:

I used the waterpoints and didn't have any issues.

That banana bread was bloody delicious  🤤

I thought the event was super slick. Great route, albeit tough as hell. 

The organization was tops. 

I'll definitely go in a bit fitter next time. It hurt. A lot. 😂

When is banana bread not delicious? 🤭

52 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

When is banana bread not delicious? 🤭

When date bread is also on offer .... :) 

25 minutes ago, TheoG said:

When date bread is also on offer .... :) 

I’ll take banana bread above date loaf.
That said, date balls are awesome.