Primoz Roglic to Ineos?

Plentipotential

I couldn't find an actual Ineos(sky?) thread, but this seemed relevant enough for a rest day muse.

Since then Rog has of course gone to Bora, and Remco was sort of going to move to Ineos as part of a QS supermerger, which never happend.

But apart form that,

*Brailsford has moved to Man united/Nice even though he may be principally involved with the cycling team, not sure how much time he actually puts in.

*Bernal has recovered to ride a bike at about 95% of his former level.

*none of the other hotshots has done much

*lost quite a few next big things

*old guys getting very old

2022 roster top12 on current rankings ppoints

image.png.e46faabce87c455f2d514e50f6962a62.png

2024 roster top12

image.png.2ca6b2c526f73e2836e2b37081fc9d54.png

Ineos currently sit 4th on the team rankings, with highest individual rider only 19th. They are not going to get much out of vuelta either and could fall even down to 6/7th by year end.

If Pidcock jumps, it's hard to get excited by much going on here. The team is "funded" till 2027, but could it fold before then if Sir Jim gets bored throwing money at it? 

They reportedly have the second biggest budget, but with red bull/lidl raising their game and intermarche smashing it with their scraps it's hard to see things remaining as is.

Edited by Shebeen

They need a proper signing to be honest. Obviously getting Tadej or Jonas is impossible so you’d think the next one in line is Remco. Im not sure what his situation is with Quick step but i feel like he needs to a better team if he wants to get close to the Pog and Jonas. To me this is the most logical move.

Otherwise they’re gonna have to try and get the next big thing but it seems like even that they seem to be getting it wrong in comparison to UAE as an example.